Bearded dragon ate day old veggies

SarahNancy13

Beardie name(s)
Ember
Hi! I'm coming on here again to ask for advice for my little Ember. He's 1 year old now and I had a question about dried out greens.

So, usually, I give him fresh greens every morning and let them sit in the tank until his lights go out. Usually he doesn't eat them but sometimes he does. Anyway, I usually take the old veggies out that night after his lights go out and then give him fresh in the morning. Yesterday, my boyfriend forgot to take out yesterday's veggies (I think I put them in around 10-11am). Ember ate all the dried up greens this morning around 11am. So, basically they are 24 hours old and that's when he chose to eat them. I just want to know if he's going to have any serious effects from eating the old dried out greens or if he should be okay? Thank you!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He will be fine. Remember, these are wild creatures. If some old crunchy lettuce could take them out, they wouldn't be here anymore :)

It's pretty common for them to sometimes enjoy the crunchy salads.

-Brandon

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
My guys either grab it 5 minutes after i put it in, or the next morning before i take it out. They eat the dried up greens more often then the fresh. As long as they aren't so wet that they spoil in the bowl from the heat and water it's ok.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom