bathing my bd

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyk

he/she is just a baby how and when can i give him baths? and he hasnt pooped at least i think? it been about 5 days since i got him from the pet store?

MrT

now
baby warm water up to arm pits please dont leave him alone at first he might not like it but just extend the amount of time slowly at first, let him rest his front legs on your hand so its not to stressful for him
so love baths some hate it (i have one of each)
just make sure that you dry him off before returning to viv

1happymommy

Juvie Member
If he's really tiny you could put the warm water in a small tupperware dish so he feels secure. As he gets bigger just adjust the size of the container. Trust me he will fight it and begg to get out.

Mine is 6 months & jumpy for about 10 seconds or so and then calms down & poops. Some people use the bath tub or sink. Just be careful if children take a bath in the same tub. Rinse it with bleach everytime. I find the containers easier and use less water.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
You might also want to try putting a washcloth in the bottom of the sink/rubbermaid container so your little guy has some thing to grip onto. :D

Freeie

Extreme Poster
We used the kitchen sink , layed a dish towel in the bottom so he could grip on to something. Always bleach it after tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom