Baby growth rates - help me collect data

Status
Not open for further replies.

PogoLover

Juvie Member
I need to revise my previous entries, because I got a much better length measurement while Pogo was asleep:

8 weeks - 6.75" and 10g
9 weeks - 6.75" and 8.5g (yes, he has lost weight - he is on a hunger strike)
10 weeks - 6.75" and 11g (still not eating regular food, but have put weight on him using a Carnivore Care and baby food squash mix in a syringe)
11 weeks - 6.75" and 11g (STILL not eating regular food, but maintaining weight with Carnivore Care and baby food squash)

He/she might throw off the whole chart due to the eating problem (been to the vet - no parasites and healthy other than the refusal to eat regular food; poops everyday, active/alert, currently shedding, but has been for two weeks - tail first, now head).

genskiR6

SukiLove":206w6ylr said:
genskiR6":206w6ylr said:
Wayne is 14 weeks today 10 inches and 51 grams

That just seems so much better, on track with the rest of them now. :)

Yea, I think you guys were absolutely correct. I still can't believe the guy gave me a one week old. Poor baby girl. Well she's happy now! :)

Juniper

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Henry
Norbert:

12 weeks, 42 grams. Length--???? Too fidgety.

Often when I drop bugs in front of him, he doesn't even look at them. I think he is actually eating fewer than previously. But he is still gaining weight (about a gram a day, on average), albeit at the same rate for the last three weeks, so? I really hope the parasite meds work this time.

He eats roaches, phoenix worms, nibbles of collard greens, and I supplement with squash and chicken baby foods when he doesn't eat many bugs. If anybody has suggestions to boost his decreased appetite/make him more attentive to food, I'm all ears!

jen7724

Apollo:

8 weeks, 10 1/2" and 63 grams.

He's shedding again and grumpy but I'm not complaining. He's growing into his new beautiful big boy skin. Currently eating his salad, Phoenix worms and crickets. I'm still very happy with his growth rate. Gonna be a big boy!

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Both kept the same length as last week, but she is almost 100 grams heavier than he is! Maybe it's time for a diet? :eek:

Nero - 232 grams, 16" at 24 weeks
Soleil - 329 grams, 17" at 20.5 weeks

PogoLover

Juvie Member
Pogo:

13 weeks - 6.75" 10.5 grams (she is gaining slowly now - on antibiotics and de-wormer). Vet said that she looked good for not having eaten "real" food in a long time. Vet said to keep on trying to fatten her up with the carnivore care/baby food mix until she is ready to eat bugs again (she said that she had seen one baby dragon go over four months not eating bugs and just taking the carnivore care mix - Pogo has one month down).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom