Baby Beardie Not Eating Or Pooping

Beardie name(s)
Rusty
I created a form yesterday to question about my new baby beardie not pooping. I heard that it is just relocation stress. Yesterday my breadie was eating properly, but last night and this morning they are refusing food. It is also just stress and because they have not pooped yet, or it is something else?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I created a form yesterday to question about my new baby beardie not pooping. I heard that it is just relocation stress. Yesterday my breadie was eating properly, but last night and this morning they are refusing food. It is also just stress and because they have not pooped yet, or it is something else?
I replied to your the thread yesterday -- as long as your surface basking temps and UVB are correctly placed and good temps he will go to the bathroom -- I ruled out impaction w/ the insects being fed etc -- if you want post a pic of him and the tank and we can take a look to see if there are other factors going on here

RustyTheBeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rusty
I replied to your the thread yesterday -- as long as your surface basking temps and UVB are correctly placed and good temps he will go to the bathroom -- I ruled out impaction w/ the insects being fed etc -- if you want post a pic of him and the tank and we can take a look to see if there are other factors going on here
image.jpg
image.jpg

The UVB should be installed into the tank right? After I moved down the basking spot yesterday I believe that the UVB is much too far

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
View attachment 83644 View attachment 83645
The UVB should be installed into the tank right? After I moved down the basking spot yesterday I believe that the UVB is much too far
I dont see any digital probe thermometers and yes the UVB is too far --- please get a piece of basking decor directly under the UVB 8-10 inches - your using a wide hole type screen so it can stay on top -- but the distance is too far -- and if the temps are not correct digestion is not going to start --- he needs surface basking temps 105-110

RustyTheBeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rusty
I dont see any digital probe thermometers and yes the UVB is too far --- please get a piece of basking decor directly under the UVB 8-10 inches - your using a wide hole type screen so it can stay on top -- but the distance is too far -- and if the temps are not correct digestion is not going to start --- he needs surface basking temps 105-110
I have moved the decor around and there it now a spot around 9' from the UVB light, however I have found I cannot move the basking area up any further as it will reach too high of temps. I will include pictures below of the changes. I also just recieved a shipment of BSFL and 1/4 crickets. Should I try to feed those to my beardie right now? Also, according to the thermometer I have in there, the basking spot is reaching temps of around 107. I will pick up multile digital themometers with probes today.
1693931271573.jpg
1693931250330.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have moved the decor around and there it now a spot around 9' from the UVB light, however I have found I cannot move the basking area up any further as it will reach too high of temps. I will include pictures below of the changes. I also just recieved a shipment of BSFL and 1/4 crickets. Should I try to feed those to my beardie right now? Also, according to the thermometer I have in there, the basking spot is reaching temps of around 107. I will pick up multile digital themometers with probes today. View attachment 83653 View attachment 83652
W/ the log under the uvb he's gonna pick a spot where he likes- watch his behavior the next several days and see what he does

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
W/ the log under the uvb he's gonna pick a spot where he likes- watch his behavior the next several days and see what he does
Yes feed the bsfl on his salads - feed as many as you want they are a great staple feeder are you dusting the crickets?

RustyTheBeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rusty
Yes feed the bsfl on his salads - feed as many as you want they are a great staple feeder are you dusting the crickets?
I am dusting the crickets with calcium, multivitamins, and D3 every 3-4 feedings. He is currently atop his log and opening his mouth. I believe he likes it. I hope this makes him poop.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 50

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am dusting the crickets with calcium, multivitamins, and D3 every 3-4 feedings. He is currently atop his log and opening his mouth. I believe he likes it. I hope this makes him poop.
Ok he's gaping meaning he's adjusting his body temp which is good- calcium D 3 5 x per week once per feedings- lightly coated on the crickets- vitamins 2 x per week once per feeding lightly coated - please get the digital probe thermometers the analog are inaccurate

RustyTheBeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rusty
Ok he's gaping meaning he's adjusting his body temp which is good- calcium D 3 5 x per week once per feedings- lightly coated on the crickets- vitamins 2 x per week once per feeding lightly coated - please get the digital probe thermometers the analog are inaccurate
Okay I definitely will pick those up today. Thank you for the information on the vitamins. Also, he ended up pooping!! Normal poop along with some urine. Thank you so much for your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom