Baby beardie in need of help fast!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnomnami

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She raises her arms in the air and twitches them and sometimes makes a swim stroke motion.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you think she might be arm waving? Or does it look like muscle spasms that she has no control over? If it's muscle spasms, it's possible that she isn't getting enough calcium since she's only eating a small amt of crickets. You could put a small pinch of calcium in a little water, diluted juice or even squash and chicken baby food, put drops on her nose that she will hopefully lick off. How does she look & act otherwise, is she active? What's the distance that the Repti-Sun is to her?

Omnomnami

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I guess she could be arm waving...she is VERY active. I take her out of her tank and she'll run all over. She's getting a great amount of calcium, I dust the crickets well every day. The ReptiSun is just over 7 inches away from her.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Omnomnami":be03b said:
I guess she could be arm waving...she is VERY active. I take her out of her tank and she'll run all over. She's getting a great amount of calcium, I dust the crickets well every day. The ReptiSun is just over 7 inches away from her.

When you say you're dusting everyday, do you mean all feeders/all meals or just one meal per day?

Ideally, beardie should have her feeders dusted with calcium 5 meals per week, and with multi-vites 1-2 days per week. IOW, one dusting per day, calcium or vites, respectively. The other 1 -2 meals per day can be calcium/vite free. :)

Speaking of which, it's about that time... off to dust some crickets (it's a calcium day). :mrgreen:

The best,
Em

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Omnomnami":d3449 said:
I dust one meal a day for week days and on weekends I dust with vitamin.

Well, I imagine that rules out too much calcium then. :)

How is she doing? More waving?

Thanks,
Em

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Our beardie shakes her legs after she runs through her water bowl, like she's trying to dry them off. But she does it with all 4 (one at a time.) Just thought I'd put that out there 8)

Omnomnami

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah, she's still waving her arms. But I noticed that she only does it when she can see my other bearded dragons. Their tanks are right next to each other. Should I move them???

Tigg

Juvie Member
If they can see each other from inside of their own enclosures, then yes, you will want to move, or angle them differently so they can't. It's just added stress on them that is unnecessary.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Tigg":673a2 said:
If they can see each other from inside of their own enclosures, then yes, you will want to move, or angle them differently so they can't. It's just added stress on them that is unnecessary.

Second that. :)

Well one of the moderators told that you shouldnt house them together because they still show dominance by standing on eachother.I have the same problem the guy stopped eating for 2 days and i sepparated them like for twenty mins. and i started feeding my beardie and he started to eat i was shocked!I have to thank the moderators for the help.You need to sepparate them.

Omnomnami

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
They are separate...they have been separated for a long time now. Their tanks were right next to each other though. I put a big piece of card board box between their tanks so they can no longer see each other. They're fine now. I'll keep everyone updated.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Omnomnami":3f73b said:
They are separate...they have been separated for a long time now. Their tanks were right next to each other though. I put a big piece of card board box between their tanks so they can no longer see each other. They're fine now. I'll keep everyone updated.

Great idea! Glad it's helping...

The best,
Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom