Baby and worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darwin08

Hatchling Member
At what age are you aloud to start giving your bearded dragon phoenix worms or what not. my bearded dragon is 2 or 3 months old would it be all right to introduce it to worms?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, it would be fine to give phoenix worms to a baby since they are very small in size. In fact, I suggest you order the medium size since they are so small. Another consideration for you would be small silkworms or even small hornworms, but the horns grow very large very quick.

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
it would be great to introduce worms!! there are also goliath/tomato worms that are sold in very small sizes that babies just love!

darwin08

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks i just ordered from phoenixworms.com but in the future I will check all of these sites out.

neecie

Juvie Member
I'm thinking of alternating phoenix and silkworms along with veggies, of course. Really would like to skip the cricket issue (jumping, hiding, storing) and from what I read the menu would actually be very good calcium. Any comments??? My bd is 4 months old.

Danelle

I just placed an order for the Phoenix worms (med. sz for 6-8 wk old BD) he will not eat crickets (runs for his life) the breeder raised him on veggies and he eats them like crazy - I emailed Phoenix Worms regarding having to add a supplement/vitamins and they told me to ask you guys rearding dusting them with a multi-vitamin.......they said usually once or twice a week. Any suggestions?????

neecie

Juvie Member
Since phoenix have high calcium, seems a few times a week for vitamin powder is good. As i've said before, the crickets are a pain and worms are the way to go (for many reasons). I just ordered phoenix and silk and the cricket can is almost empty - YEA! Mine loves shredded apple too. Picks thru the veggie dish for apple first, then the rest. Those little pea brains are inventive - and only 4 months old.

Danelle

They are a pain!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hated dealing w/them & the gutloading and so on........i just found out about these Phoenix worms on this site and went to their site and ordered so I can't wait to get them, hopefully mine will go nuts 4 them 2! Do u mix all your stuff together w/the greens (outside of the worms)?

neecie

Juvie Member
I have a little shallow dish and put greens, shredded yams, maybe shredded raw squash, maybe apple, tiny cut cherry tomato - then she picks at it all day. I've been putting dusted crickets in her tank and she'll eat one or two then they run and hide and I don't know what happens after that. I hate it. With worms I'll put one in front of her and then a few in a little plastic bottle cap. Mostly they stay in there till gobbled. I've only had phoenix, just ordered silk..........we'll see how wiggily they are.

Danelle

Thank you ssssoooo very much for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone has a different opinion on this whole thing, I'm stressing myself out along with my BD lol.......................he won't meal worms & all he's eating is the greens - hopefully he will be ok till they arrive. Just got my email saying they are shipping the 17th :) Thanks again - can't wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom