Astaxanthin Color Enhancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried this to enhance the color of thier dragons (or any reptile)?
I guess it is what turns flamingos pink. And some companies are using in reptile products.

JeffFisher

Original Poster
I know people use to use paprika (sp?) to enhance colors. It was done by some vendors to dupe the buyers into spending more money on dragons with color. The color faded quick and it is liver toxic.
I just saw this advertised as a "safe" color enhancer for reptiles. I have no intent on using it either. This is the first time I have even heard of this product. At first I thought it was spray on dye because it comes in a misting bottle. Anything to make a buck I guess....

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
I use a nice shade of neon pink rattlecan spray paint on Harley to bring her colors out in pictures. J/K, no, Harley only gets organic foods and her bugs get non GMO, corn and soybean free food. Harley probably eats better than I do :lol: Never really knew of breeders using that stuff. I know some of them use special lighting during pictures to "enhance" the color, sorta like jewelry store lighting to make their diamonds "sparkle" more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinny2010b
Top Bottom