Ants in roach bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epic

Juvie Member
Just saw a fat trail of ants going through my roach bins. Are they done for? Normal black house ants :(

invictusrules

Juvie Member
Just found ants in my six-spotteds, too... :angry5:

I HATE ants. They go after the roach food/dead ones/poo/whatever they can eat. I've vacuumed the little monsters up, cleaned out the bin, washed off the outside to get rid of the scent trail, and they still come back! Can't spray, obviously, but some people are using double sided tape around the container to discourage the scouts. Try to find the place where they're coming into your house and do some spot-spraying. It's a never-ending battle.

Epic

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I found out where they were coming from. Took care of that. Are they ok to still feed? I took the crystals out, and the ants left overnight. Just worried about using them as feeders still...

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
use this stuff i am using it around my house and it works great kills them right away and kills the sent and keeps them away for 9 months just dont spray it near the roaches as it will kill them too
Ortho-Home-Defense-MAX-Perimeter-_-Indoor-Insect-Killer-std-NEW.jpg
good luck

Epic

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the tips on getting rid of them. I've it that one down now. I just need to know if I can still feed off the roaches that were in there??

invictusrules

Juvie Member
I don't think that ants would carry any sort of parasite that roaches could get. But I don't know for certain. I've never had ants in my Dubias, though the (pet) hissers and six-spotteds have been invaded. Anyone else know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom