Another lost Beardie update Good news !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephies_Leo _Dragon

Juvie Member
Well I have dreaded posting this but oh well. I had my male Zues out in my living room. I watched him for a few minutes and then got totally distracted and lost him. It's been a week now and I have just been hoping every day would be the day I found him. I have looked EVERYWHERE and can't find him ANYWHERE! I can't find any way he could have gotten outside and I guess if he did he has died by now with the cold temps at night. I am just dumbfounded that he vanished into thin air. I have been depressed all week and beside myself. I am so mad at myself I am usually so careful about watching them the whole time they are out of the tank. I even took my female room to room and let her roam around thinking he would be attracted to her but nothing. I thought he had probably found a dark place somewhere and was brumating because he had been acting like he was going into brumation before he was lost. But I don't know what to think after a week and no luck finding him. I checked all the usual places, fridge, freezer, washer and dryer, desk, under all the furniture. I took everything out of my spare bedroom and the closet and then closed it off after I couldn't find him. I haven't closed off my room but I have searched it. Well I have searched every room 50 times. My hopes of him turning up have about givin up. I am sure I will still keep looking but after this long I just don't think he is going to turn up. I have tried putting out his basking light but that hasn't worked either. Any suggestions would be appreciated unless you think it is just hopeless after him being gone for a week.

Trogdor_1

Juvie Member
I just recently had ne of my babies go missing for about 5 days. But, I figured, if the cats didn't find him then he's still hiding some where. I searched in/under/around everything in the room. I even stuffed a towel under the door so that he couldn't escape. Well, sure enough, he just showed up out of no where with this "did you know that aren't any crickets out here?!" look on his face. I just laughed and stuck him back in his tank.
So don't lose hope just yet. Try putting out a small bin of crickets. The noise and smell might attract him. Or, if you feed worms, you can put out a dish of them. Also, circle the container with flour. If he walks through it, he will leave a trail to where ever he heads off to.
Good luck! I hope he shows up soon.

Mommy of Sunny

Juvie Member
Good advice...about putting some food out and the flour. I have never lost Sunny, but I have had hamsters escape when I had them. I would put some food down. Even a dish of his favorite greens or food.

If you have a cellar door, make sure you put something under the opening so he does not get down there. At this point, you are not sure what room he is in, so not really any good blocking off any particular rooms, except if there is a room with lots of hazards. He might be in there, but if not, at least he won't go in there now.

Good luck...this can't be easy for you. :(

renich

Juvie Member
i'm so sorry to hear zeus is missing in action.

although, i've never had this misfortune, try putting a heat lamp out so that an area on the floor is heated. he may come back to warm up.

check your shoes. maybe he crawled in. i've seen several posters mention theirs was in the curtains or under the fridge. check those out too.

good luck and keep us updated!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry to hear this. :cry:
You mentioned that he was displaying signs of beginning brumation which makes your search just that much harder as he may not acknowledge the basking light or food you've set out. He most likely has already found a place to snuggle into an is probably to cool to wake. The only thing that I can suggest that hasn't been already is you could try upping the temps in your house. Like to the point of it being unbearable for yourself this may warm him enough to get some movement out of him so that you might have a better chance at locating him.

I wish you the best on this, I hope he turns up soon.

Stephies_Leo _Dragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions I will try them out and see if I have any luck. I am just trying to keep from giving up finding him I just want him back so bad but I am just at a loss. I figured you guys could give me some different ideas !

damien6210

Hatchling Member
hey sorry about ur dragon on i once lost my dragon flower wat I did was put one of my other dragons where i last saw flower and just let him walk around he eventually led me to her hope this works for you good luck

Stephies_Leo _Dragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
No luck so far I put some greens out this morning so we will see if he comes out to eat or not. I did have 2 dreams last night that I found him so I am hoping that is a good sign !

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
Oh noes, im sorry to hear he is MIA!

Good ideas were mentioned, especially checking in shoes. My assumption would be he probably didn't go too far. My boy finds the closest corner he can find basically. Any chance you have a tear in your couch? Either underneath/behind/the sides, and he managed to wiggle his way into it?

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Don't give up! I've heard of someone losing one OUTSIDE and he showed up a month later! I'm sure he's just snoozing in some comfy-cozy spot, and he'll come out eventually. Even if it's not until spring when he wakes up...but he will show up.

beardedwizard

Extreme Poster
I've been there and done that... Now the hard part is that they love tight places and corners... I'd found them in shoes in the closet, or just in the corner of the closet behind a few rows of shoes. And once they get comfy they just curl up and start sleeping... A week or two outside his cage in your house will not kill him, the worst thing that will happen is that he's forced into brumation. But this will make your search efforts a lot harder! Know others with snakes have to look up inside the couches as the snakes will make their way up inside, so you might want to look up there as well. But dragons usually like to stay at the ground level when hiding, so I would look all over again with a friend or family member as I've looked in some spots and completely looked over the dragon all balled up sleeping.

I know this is never racking, but best of luck I know you will find him!

Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom