Angie, Loki, Laura & Dozer (new pics 03/29/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to introduce everyone to our new girl. She is on her way now from Denver, CO. Here's the tracking # if anyone wants to follow her flight: http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?loc=en_US&Requester=NOT&tracknum=1Z6ET1020195023418&AgreeToTermsAndConditions=yes We have chosen the name Angeline (Angie for short) which means "messenger of God." I will post some new pictures tomorrow but these are the ones we have so far. She is part leatherback.

Here she is when Laszlo brought her home from the pet store on Feb 17th, 2012.
IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

Here she is eating a small dubia roach.

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Barb. We're all enjoying her very much. She is so relaxed and content just sitting with us which is surprising considering that she isn't even 6 mo old yet. Yes, she enjoys snuggles too.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Well, got a new wt and measurement on her. She is now 17 1/2" and 239 grams. She has quite the paunchy belly.

Another new game, when she is out running around, she runs over to Paul real fast then stops when her back end is toward him. She waits for him to lightly stroke the end of her tail with his socked foot then runs as fast as she can, puts the brakes on and looks at him just waiting for him to go over to her and do it again. They both did this in all the rooms downstairs yesterday and today. Funny, but if he strokes her tail with his hand, she just sits there and waits for him to use his socked foot and then takes off. :lol: Our kitchen chairs have rollers on them and some of the time, he would slide his chair along while he was seated and she didn't even jump when the chair came up behind her, she just sat there waiting for his sock to stroke her tail so she could run away real fast again with a pure white beard & belly. Nothing scares her.

Her bottom part of her tail hadn't shed during the last 2 sheds and was quite a bit darker than the rest of her tail. I had been using an old cocoa butter stick but that didn't really help, even used Neosporin for days but that didn't help either. Paul got a new cocoa butter stick at the dollar store yesterday and after 1 application, it came off this morning except for the very tip of it. That stuff works so well as long as it isn't dried out at all.

Here's some new pictures.

IMG_3743.jpg

Deep in thought.
IMG_3740.jpg

Can I please come out and run around mommy?
IMG_3746.jpg

Guess I'll have to pout and make you feel guilty instead.
IMG_3753.jpg

Looking pretty.
IMG_3755.jpg

IMG_3756.jpg

IMG_3760.jpg

We have really discovered our beard.
IMG_3766.jpg

Not too fond of her new leash, she was rubbing all around trying to get it off.
IMG_3762.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Yes Lori, she sure has gotten big. She will be 6 mo old on my birthday, the 14th, I picked Feb 14th as her hatch date as that was the closest I could come to when she was actually born. She is our "kid" indeed. :D

The small size leash is too big on her but she will grow into it very soon since she's growing so fast.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
17½ inches already?! Holy cow, she's one long girl!

Her new game sounds like alot of fun! So amazing that she knows the difference between being stroked by a hand and a sock.
It's so cute that she invents these games to play with Paul. Is it only with him or does she also play games with you and Josh?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Most of the games are with Paul although she likes to climb Josh's and my pant legs and then slides down. When we clap our hands, she will take off running then stop quickly to see if we are gonna do it again. Sabrina used to always look at Paul waiting for the games to start and that's what Angie does.

Thanks Lance.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Especially in the one "I hate this leash, I hate this leash." LOL

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Sabrina used to get a black beard when she was trying to get Gizmo to pay attention to her from across the room, this was yrs ago. Misty's used to get black too when she was out running around. It's amazing how dark the females' beards can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom