An unusual colored Dubia

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryanaE

155270_466775794436_816224436_5256667_3934606_n.jpg

We've had her forever and have kept her in a smaller colony to see if we can inbreed on her and get some more... no luck so far. Isn't she pretty? Not gonna lie, I will be sad when she dies.

invictusrules

Juvie Member
Oooo... she's gorgeous! She doesn't even look like a roach. Please, please keep trying to breed her. Give her oranges. Play romantic music in the background. (Make sure she's a she, though. A mutation might affect the wings, too.)

BryanaE

Original Poster
Hehe, oh I am! She is very round and fat like females usually are. My males are always thinner and racier looking so I'm pretty sure she is a she. There are plenty of little babies in there this week too... cross your fingers!

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Bryana all that is is a genetic defect. All the pigment has not filled the shell but she is a perfectly healthy dubia. Hope this helped....... :wink:

invictusrules

Juvie Member
i have a few in my colony with similar coloring
Seriously, Dubias like this could convince roach-haters everywhere to repent since they look a lot more like exotic "beetles" than like roaches. :wink:

invictusrules

Juvie Member
There are plenty of little babies in there this week too... cross your fingers!
Another thought... the coloration may not show up in the first generation if its a recessive. Her babies may appear normal, but they'll be carrying the gene. (if it's a genetic mutation) If the babies breed with each other or back to the mom, part of the next generation may show the mutation. Keeping fingers crossed. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom