RIP my sweet girl šŸ§”

Today, we lost a loved member of our family. Titan.
We brought her home in March of 2022. She was roughly 6Mā€™s of age. We had rescued her from a pet store that improperly cared for her & was most likely bred in masses. Titan has been the light of our lives for the past 2 years. Sheā€™s always been very lazy, and very spoiled! Her favorite thing was hornworms & cuddles, as well as ā€œthe sexy legā€ šŸ¦µ šŸ˜‚
She was as sweet as could be, never aggressive & loved with all she had. šŸ§”
I have so many amazing memories with her itā€™s hard to pick just one! My only wish is that we had longer with her, and she had more life to live, but she is no longer in pain and I know Iā€™ll see her again one day. In memory of her, Iā€™ll be buying a beardie urn, and a necklace to carry a piece of her around with me wherever I go.. so wherever I explore she can come along with.

Hereā€™s a little backstory:

About 1 month ago Titinyā€™s health started to decline..
she became lethargic, had no appetite, and wouldnā€™t move around. I brought her into our local exotic vet.
They gave her a thorough checkup. Blood, X-rays, etc.. the next day I got the blood results back and found out her glucose and uric acid (kidney) levels were through the roof on top of having follicles.. the vet said with her glucose being as high as it was she was worried it could be GNT. We did intensive at home care for one month. Fluids, antibiotics, aloopurinol (from the swelling in her legs), high calcium for her follicles..

We rechecked after that month.
She started to feel better, eating worms again.. running and moving around. All around just happy and healthy. šŸ§” when the vet called she told me her uric acid & glucose went back to normal!!! Yay! But her follicles were still there and her red blood cell dropped by 2.

We continued with calcium & allopurinol. Stopped everything else.
2 weeks later, she went back to the way she was.. then slowly got worse. I brought her back in and we checked her levels and follicles again..

At this point, she looked terrible. It broke my heart seeing her like that. She was not doing good. Throwing up, couldnā€™t keep anything down..
the vet said her glucose and kidney levels were high again, and her follicles were massive!!! She said she wants to do an emergency spay but with her kidney levels as high as they were weā€™d have to get them down first BUT the vet mentioned she may not make it through that timeframe of decreasing her levels before we operate.. Doctor was all for it though and wanted to try, but seeing my baby the way she was.. I couldnā€™t do that to her. šŸ˜” she was suffering and it was now or never. So I told the vet Iā€™d bring her in the next day & make the decision everyone hates making.. to lay her to rest..

The day before, I gave her cuddles. I talked to her and I told her ā€œif you need to go, I understand. I love you so much, I donā€™t want to see you in pain any longerā€. I left for work that evening, and when I came home.. she had passed away. šŸ„ŗ

Itā€™s bittersweet because I didnā€™t want her to be in pain anymore but she was still so young and we loved her SO much! Sheā€™ll forever be in our hearts and I will always ALWAYS remember her.

Gone but not forgotten, forever in our hearts.
šŸ§” Titan. 03/22-03/24

Attachments

• IMG_7267.jpeg
    IMG_7267.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_7248.jpeg
    IMG_7248.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_7250.jpeg
    IMG_7250.jpeg
    270.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7252.jpeg
    IMG_7252.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7257.jpeg
    IMG_7257.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7254.jpeg
    IMG_7254.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_7255.jpeg
    IMG_7255.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7258.jpeg
    IMG_7258.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7261.jpeg
    IMG_7261.jpeg
    220 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7262.jpeg
    IMG_7262.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7263.jpeg
    IMG_7263.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_7264.jpeg
    IMG_7264.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7265.jpeg
    IMG_7265.jpeg
    270 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7256.jpeg
    IMG_7256.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 43

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Im so sorry for your loss, it's very clear she was loved and spoiled, and will be missed dearly. You have my sincere condolences šŸ˜”

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So sorry for your girl Titan and all that she [ and your family ] went through. :(
You gave her a great life and the photo montage is a beautiful tribute to her. It's obvious how very much she was loved and my heart goes out to your family.

Titaness22

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Titan
So sorry for your girl Titan and all that she [ and your family ] went through. :(
You gave her a great life and the photo montage is a beautiful tribute to her. It's obvious how very much she was loved and my heart goes out to your family.
Thank you so much, your words mean a lot. šŸ§”

Titaness22

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Titan
I just want to add to the others :(
They stay with us even when they leave. Those memories of her won't fade. RIP Titan!
Thank you so much! šŸ§” I believe sheā€™s with us in spirit. She knows she was loved, wouldnā€™t want her knowing anything other than that. Love her dearly. I believe doing things for those who passed in memory of them, animal or human helps the grieving process. I plan on planting some flowers in my yard with some of her ashes. šŸ§”

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Titan. No words can ease the pain of this loss but it's clear she was loved and for sure she knew this as well.

Titaness22

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Titan
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Titan. No words can ease the pain of this loss but it's clear she was loved and for sure she knew this as well.
Thank you! I appreciate it, she was very loved. I just got her clay paw prints back today! šŸ„ŗ itā€™s so hard walking into her room now.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Thank you! I appreciate it, she was very loved. I just got her clay paw prints back today! šŸ„ŗ itā€™s so hard walking into her room now.
I lost one a week ago Thursday. I put her clay imprint in the display case yesterday, it was the first time I was able to look at it.
I'm glad you got it though, keepsakes help us remember the love and joy they brought us.

Smaug123

Beardie name(s)
Smaug(ette)
Today, we lost a loved member of our family. Titan.
We brought her home in March of 2022. She was roughly 6Mā€™s of age. We had rescued her from a pet store that improperly cared for her & was most likely bred in masses. Titan has been the light of our lives for the past 2 years. Sheā€™s always been very lazy, and very spoiled! Her favorite thing was hornworms & cuddles, as well as ā€œthe sexy legā€ šŸ¦µ šŸ˜‚
She was as sweet as could be, never aggressive & loved with all she had. šŸ§”
I have so many amazing memories with her itā€™s hard to pick just one! My only wish is that we had longer with her, and she had more life to live, but she is no longer in pain and I know Iā€™ll see her again one day. In memory of her, Iā€™ll be buying a beardie urn, and a necklace to carry a piece of her around with me wherever I go.. so wherever I explore she can come along with.

Hereā€™s a little backstory:

About 1 month ago Titinyā€™s health started to decline..
she became lethargic, had no appetite, and wouldnā€™t move around. I brought her into our local exotic vet.
They gave her a thorough checkup. Blood, X-rays, etc.. the next day I got the blood results back and found out her glucose and uric acid (kidney) levels were through the roof on top of having follicles.. the vet said with her glucose being as high as it was she was worried it could be GNT. We did intensive at home care for one month. Fluids, antibiotics, aloopurinol (from the swelling in her legs), high calcium for her follicles..

We rechecked after that month.
She started to feel better, eating worms again.. running and moving around. All around just happy and healthy. šŸ§” when the vet called she told me her uric acid & glucose went back to normal!!! Yay! But her follicles were still there and her red blood cell dropped by 2.

We continued with calcium & allopurinol. Stopped everything else.
2 weeks later, she went back to the way she was.. then slowly got worse. I brought her back in and we checked her levels and follicles again..

At this point, she looked terrible. It broke my heart seeing her like that. She was not doing good. Throwing up, couldnā€™t keep anything down..
the vet said her glucose and kidney levels were high again, and her follicles were massive!!! She said she wants to do an emergency spay but with her kidney levels as high as they were weā€™d have to get them down first BUT the vet mentioned she may not make it through that timeframe of decreasing her levels before we operate.. Doctor was all for it though and wanted to try, but seeing my baby the way she was.. I couldnā€™t do that to her. šŸ˜” she was suffering and it was now or never. So I told the vet Iā€™d bring her in the next day & make the decision everyone hates making.. to lay her to rest..

The day before, I gave her cuddles. I talked to her and I told her ā€œif you need to go, I understand. I love you so much, I donā€™t want to see you in pain any longerā€. I left for work that evening, and when I came home.. she had passed away. šŸ„ŗ

Itā€™s bittersweet because I didnā€™t want her to be in pain anymore but she was still so young and we loved her SO much! Sheā€™ll forever be in our hearts and I will always ALWAYS remember her.

Gone but not forgotten, forever in our hearts.
šŸ§” Titan. 03/22-03/24
This made me cry, like right now. My baby has my heart. I don't know how I'm going to react when she dies. I think you made the right decision. Quality of life is better than longevity, or quantity of life. Bless your heart.

Titaness22

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Titan
This made me cry, like right now. My baby has my heart. I don't know how I'm going to react when she dies. I think you made the right decision. Quality of life is better than longevity, or quantity of life. Bless your heart.
Thank you so much! I appreciate it šŸ§” it was very difficult but it was bittersweet knowing she wasnā€™t in pain anymore. I miss her dearly but I know sheā€™s in a better place & Iā€™ll see her again one day. Sheā€™s with us in spirit & Iā€™m doing many things for her in memory of her. I did everything I possibly could do to keep her comfortable and let her know she was loved. šŸ™šŸ¼ itā€™s actually crazy, yesterday we went to the reptile store that we visit often because I still had worms and wanted to give back to them & we werenā€™t looking at all what so ever for another but when we went I saw one that looked exactly like her that needed to be re-homed and was left behind by someone.. he was around the same age as her and the sweetest dude ever šŸ„¹ i immediately attached to him, something called me over to him in an instant.. every time someone came in and started looking at him I kept checking to make sure they werenā€™t going to adopt him šŸ˜‚ I literally left the shop without him, and not even an hour later called the owner and told him Iā€™m coming back to bring him home, and so we did. šŸ§”
I still think of my baby girl, but it was like he was meant for us. I felt like if I didnā€™t adopt him, Iā€™d forever regret it.

Titaness22

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Titan
I lost one a week ago Thursday. I put her clay imprint in the display case yesterday, it was the first time I was able to look at it.
I'm glad you got it though, keepsakes help us remember the love and joy they brought us.
Iā€™m sorry for your loss šŸ§” they really do, when one of my dogs passed away a few years ago I made a memory shadow box for her and it helped me a lot to create something in memory of her. It never gets easier, but Iā€™ve definitely come to accept that those who come into our lives arenā€™t meant to stay forever. All we can do is enjoy the time we do have with them and love them as much as we can. I wasnā€™t going to do the claw print at first, but Iā€™m so glad I did because Iā€™m able to run my finger over her prints & I can feel the ridges of her feet. šŸ„ŗšŸ§” it makes me a little sad, but it also brings me comfort knowing I can still feel somewhat close to her.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Iā€™m sorry for your loss šŸ§” they really do, when one of my dogs passed away a few years ago I made a memory shadow box for her and it helped me a lot to create something in memory of her. It never gets easier, but Iā€™ve definitely come to accept that those who come into our lives arenā€™t meant to stay forever. All we can do is enjoy the time we do have with them and love them as much as we can. I wasnā€™t going to do the claw print at first, but Iā€™m so glad I did because Iā€™m able to run my finger over her prints & I can feel the ridges of her feet. šŸ„ŗšŸ§” it makes me a little sad, but it also brings me comfort knowing I can still feel somewhat close to her.
I'm glad you found a new beardie to give love to, it never replaces the ones we loose but helps our hearts to heal by having someone else to love, and I'm absolutely convinced that rescues appreciate being loved more than non-rescues and understand how much better their life becomes. I think they love us more I return for it to.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. šŸ˜”
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. šŸ˜“
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom