Allison and Ramoth:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well some of you know the story of The Dragon Princesses and their trip to live in a new castle in Tn when they were very young. I have returned to continue their story, (if my computer will let me) :lol:

Once Ramoth woke up they have had a very busy spring and the summer is off to a great start! Both seem to have stopped growing, or eating for that matter. I am going tomorrow to pick up some dragon candy, waxies and PW's (if I can find them near) Hope that perks up the old appitite. I know adults eat less and they ARE both over 1 yr now....still a slave worries. How are they to keep their nice plump princess tummies if they don't stuff themselves silly? :mrgreen:
OK I' going to try for some picts here cross your fingers.
The Princesses arrival day:
IMGP0518.jpg

That is Katherine's hand! :shock:
IMGP0519.jpg

Early fun on the Bonsai:
IMGP0746.jpg

Ramoth Before Christmas:
IMGP0939.jpg

Allison before Christmas:
IMGP0952.jpg

This is Jan or Feb:
IMGP1271.jpg

As you can see they have grown a LOT!
I'll post more recent picts as soon as I get PB to co-operate. :lol:
Later,
Sandy H

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well, I finally caught up with all my friends posts. Sorry we have lost so many little friends this summer. It makes me rather sad. :(
My DH will be gone another 6 weeks and that doesn't help matters. :banghead:

On a positive note- Ramoth has finished another shed and is now once more escaping her viv (I really need to put in a ramp) Caught her in the kitchen today trying to see out the back door. :D Our new shout around here is "Dragon on the loose!" :lol: At least with Allison we have to get her out. With only 2 legs she can't escape on her own. Daniel is her best partner though. He puts her down in the LR and forgets to tell us. Imagine my surprise when I turn to find her behind me in the kitchen. :shock:

I took them to Bible school this summer. My station was outside and it was as hot as the desert here in June. They loved it. Both seem to thrive on attention. The kids all thought it was great. They put the girls on the table so they could "help" plant seeds. :lol:

My camera was busted so I couldn't get any picts. I need to ask if any one has some. When they needed a break I would put them on the huge boston ferns I had brought. They nestled down inside and were hard even for me to find. :D
More later, gotta run now.

Sandy H :mrgreen:

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Didn't want to lock this thing again. Too busy to write much. Both girls are fine Ramoth thinks it is time to take a long nap. Silly dragon. :? It was over 90 all last week! :roll: Allie is shedding again.
More later.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad to see you back Sandy, it's that time of year again, where no matter what the weather, beardies are getting sleepier & sleepier. All 5 of our dragons slept on Friday. They're sort of up and down, I never know who's going to be up on any given day.

How are Katherine and Daniel? Did they have a good summer? Please say hi to them for me.

Take care,
Deb

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Allison just finished shedding. Now all the parts that shed 2 weeks ago are looking ready to shed again! :shock:
If she keeps this up she will be bigger than Ramoth when Ramoth wakes up. :D

Katherine and Daniel are doing great. I sure am glad kids don't shed! If they did I would be burried in Katherine shed :lol: She has grown 6" this summer, I measured it! :shock: Daniel has grown 3". Country sunshine and bare feet, the best things for growing healthy kids. :mrgreen: Both are on swim team this year. Daniel will be as fast as Katherine soon. He is learning so fast. I love my little "otters"! :love5: :love10:

Photo bucket is driving me nuts. I must be doing something wrong. I'll try to upload again tomorrow. :banghead:

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well both girls seem down for the count. Though Ramoth does wake for a short time daily, she doesn't eat more than a bite or two. Both drink well in their weekly (like it or not) bath. Then they curl back up under their respective blankies and hang up the do not disturbe signs. :lol: I moved Ramoth to Allison's tank and added a divider. Why warm 2 LARGE tanks for sleeping dragons? :dontknow: I removed Ramoth's rock wall and removed several beetles from tunnels the superworms had burrowed into the foam. :shock: The grout and paint was also scratched up on the BACK :? from an adventurous Ramoth(Before brumation) :D Boy do I need to touch this thing up.
I found two wood framed windoes to use as doors to replace the glass front of Ramoth's viv. :D What- You didn't hear about her viv? :shock: Let's just say that dragons can NOT play football in the house with a certain 6 yr old boy and his daddy! :roll: You would think Keith would know better. :lol: Anyway, I need to strip the paint, stain the frames add, handles and hinges and they will look great. Gotta work fast- They won't sleep forever. :mrgreen:

Katherine turned 10 Sat. :( My baby girl isn't a baby anymore. She is almost as tall as I am and sleek and slim. I used to look like that. NO comments on how long ago THAT was! :lol: She had 3 friends over and Keith went into hiding for the afternoon. Too much estrogen for one Daddy to handle. :mrgreen:

Later,
Sandy H

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Sandy,

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Katherine is 10 :shock: boy that sure went fast! I hear you about brumation, all 4 of our dragons are out but get weekly baths, even if I get death glares when I wake them up. Lonzo who's the eldest (he'll be 8yrs old next April) is our only beardie who's up daily. He gets up around 9a, then gets bath & squash, Roger (hubby) gives him worms, then bask & bed. Sometimes Didi is up for a day & sometimes Leo is up for a day. Rubio and Sweetie are conked out for the winter, I would think. So it all makes for a quiet house at our end.

Glad to hear you're getting Ramoth's viv back together. Football in the house :shock: , that's an accident waiting to happen. :mrgreen: Sounds like your kids are growing like weeds, it's always a bit sad for Mom when they grow older. I can't believe my son will be 27 in Dec :shock: boy did that go fast!

Take care,
Deb

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I bathed and weighed both dragons today. I can't believe it Allison is 415 grams and Ramoth is 443! :shock: On Aug 8 Allie was 337 and Rommie was 401.
Dawn- have you been over here feeding my dragons calves? :mrgreen: If Ramoth hadn't been asleep for the past month how big would she be? :D

Barb- Katherine says thanks for the b-day wishes.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi Sandy! Nope, it's not me feeding those calves to your beardies. I have been no where near Tennessee. Then again, my ET has been doing some traveling lately. Hmmm... I'll have to see where she has been! :roll:
Glad to hear the girls are doing well and getting big... Katherine too! :shock: 10 yrs old, wow! Has she been writing any new stories lately?

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Your wish is her command. Katherine came up with not one but 3! limericks tonight. :shock: :D I asked for one by the end of the week. We are studying the different types of poetry. That's my girl! :mrgreen:

Sandy H

The girls are still out. :(

Tatty

Juvie Member
Sandy: This is Janice, the lady you got the two beardies from. I'm happy to hear they are doing great. Its been a while. I'm working on a second Master's degree. Unfortunately, I lost Popcorn today who would be the grandmother to the two beardies that you have. She had cancer. I'll have to peruse your threads to see pix again.

Janice aka Tatty :)

Tatty

Juvie Member
On a happier note, I do have one rescue that I adopted in August named Spike. He is a huge 2 year old male beardie who wasn't socialized. He is now.

Tatty :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom