All New to Me

MariiAmore91

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Goldie & Spike
So I have these things an I’m not sure what they are. I’m guessing they’re supposed to be filter things. But I have no clue or how to set them up if possible can someone comment an educate me please

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 63

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
i've never seen anything like that on here for beardies. maybe someone else has. they look like they are for an aquarium. where did you get them?

MariiAmore91

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Goldie & Spike
i've never seen anything like that on here for beardies. maybe someone else has. they look like they are for an aquarium. where did you get them?
I got it from the person who used to take care of them. I thought the same thing, that they belong in a fish tank, but she had them in the tank with them before they became mine, ever since she drop them off to me she hasn’t come back to show me how to use any of this stuff and learning on my own but most of the stuff that she gave me for them isn’t for bearded dragons 🙄 (Thx God for Google an this site I’m guessin she didn’t know what she was doing or probably was going to lazy/cheap way about it! Idk Thanks 4 answering though hopefully someone knows if not this website helped me look for other products, filter wise etc for them and I’m learning a lot more from you guys then I am from the previous owner of them

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
this website is amazing! it helped me learn so much when i rescued sir henry of scales. keep asking us questions and we'll get you sorted out. you're going to be asked a lot of questions about what you do have as far as equipment right off the bat. don't let that intimidate you! especially about lights and temperatures. those two things are the absolute most crucial to having a healthy dragon.

it would help if you could fill out your profile information, but i'm wondering if you could even do that right now with the lack of what you have been told. i wouldn't worry about getting more information from their former owners. it doesn't sound like it would be good info anyway.

lets start out with a few easy things to answer:
  • how old is your dragon?
  • what size enclosure do you have?
  • what are you feeding them?
  • are you using any bulbs at night? (colored bulbs or night time bulbs can create health problems. they like it cool and dark to sleep. if you enclosure temperatures drop below about 65° you can use a ceramic heat emitter that gives heat but no light.)

then a few that are a little more difficult:
  • what type of UVB light do you have?
  • what type of basking bulb do you have?
  • what temperatures do you have in your enclosure?
    • how are you getting those temperatures? (digital probe thermometers are the most accurate, infrared guns can be good, but they will give false readings sometimes depending on what material you are pointing them at. stick on dial thermometers are inaccurate at best.)

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
also, do you have more than one dragon, or are you using "they" because you do not know your dragon's gender? i'm asking because if you do have more than one, they need to each have their own separate enclosures and setup.

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
Looked it up, and it is indeed a water filter. Not sure why you were given those as they have no use in a Dragon enclosure.

As mentioned I'd definitely check on the heating and UVB gear you were provided as these are the most important elements to keeping your new charge happy and healthy.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinny2010b
Top Bottom