Addiction! Can't get enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Hello, my Name is Wendy and I am an addict. I am on here every day...several times a day... I need my bd.org fix morning, noon and night. My family is aware and they have not tried to stage an intervention as of yet. My husband is not the computer type or he would most likely have more of an addiction than myself as he is prone to obsessive compulsive behavior. As I am typing this he is currently standing in front of her viv singing to her in baby babble like you would to a newborn.

I have to tell you the husband has his own addiction. He complains at me when he thinks the dragon ought to be out. "Oh, she looks sleepy, why is she still in the viv?" I am awakened most mornings now by a cold dragon seeking warmth, but she did not get in my bed by herself.

One of my husbands friends told me this week that he is the one who needs help because the hubby used to talk about me and the kids all the time and now all he hears about is the dragon. I told him that he finally got the little girl that our family was missing. My father in law wants to know what I have done to his son. He was informed by the hubby that if we go to Florida for a visit that "the new family member" would be coming as well.

Our family has been taken over by this tiny creature, and we love it. Perhaps this is why they don't mind me spending countless hours on here learning all the details of how to properly care for the "new baby".
By the way Jeff, I love the "I am not sick. I just have habits." I think my husband has said something similar to that several times as I see him checking every door and window in the house counting "one, two, three"

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Holy Crap Dude, you sound like me!!! Except my husband does not share the same interest or excitement. But, I may be alittle worse off than you, cause I do not even have my dragon yet. Will not be an owner for 4-6 weeks. I think we both need help, maybe ther is a BDA group (Bearded Dragon's Anonymous), if not I'm sure we can start one. I just bought my enclosure, know what lights to purchase, have a great idea of what to feed and what not to feed, am pretty sure about what supplements to use, and will soon be building my own enclosure decor with styrofoam and tile grout. Where does the addiction end!

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Sadly it doesnt end!

My hubby is getting one of the new babys .. we will just see! I bet he will be a addict too!

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
VEGASLIZARD":ed2be said:
As I am typing this he is currently standing in front of her viv singing to her in baby babble like you would to a newborn.
I just pictured Jim Carey as Ace Ventura baby talking to the animals. :laughhard:

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
bayoupig5":cbe70 said:
Where does the addiction end!
I don't think it does. At this point, I don't want it to. You should also be aware that raising your own feeders will save you money in the long run. :D

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
I just pictured Jim Carey as Ace Ventura baby talking to the animals.
Yes, it is that funny, and if you look at him sideways for doing it he looks at you indignantly and says, "What! What's your problem!" As if this is perfectly normal behavior. It makes me laugh, I can't help it. He is very serious singing in this lilting voice, and it's not like he is singing nursery rhymes or something. He makes up his own songs. This mornings song was an inquisitive one about shedding since her body has been changing color and getting ready to shed for over a week now. Poor baby. She doesn't seem to mind the singing but my kids think he's crazy. I appreciate the fact that he loves her. :love10:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thank your lucky stars that your husband loves your beardie so much. It could've been the opposite where he's jealous of her.
You have to videotape him singing to your beardie :lol:

Beardys Rock

Hatchling Member
I have to enter BD.org several times a day or I have withdraw symptoms :shock:

Haha, God I should be sleeping college in a few hours :lol:

goodnight

Austin

Eventide

Hatchling Member
gregorydragon: Whaddap, fellow grad student!! :wave: That viv you have is awesome! It's gorgeous and looks as nice as any piece of furniture!

Hello, I'm Krystal, and I'm a reptile addict.

It started with two leopard geckos. Then they passed on. Then I got another one from a friend. And then I got a ball python. And then I got two bearded dragons. And then an ocellated skink. And then a rainbow boa. And then a lesser platinum ball python. And now I'm incubating fat-tail gecko eggs.

And I keep mentally rearranging furniture because I know I have more horizontal space that can be used for more vivs. I have a 70 gallon tank, a 50 gallon, a 40 gallon, two 20 gallons, and a 10 gallon tank...in a one-bedroom apartment. :shock:

My parents are threatening to never visit and/or kill me if I get any more snakes (they think I only have one). My friends are finally getting used to the chirping crickets. I might be getting another beardie from a friend who moved into a new apartment and doesn't have room for his anymore. I want a blue-eyed leucistic ball python, but they're $1800+, so I'm going to buy a mojave and breed her with the lesser. And then I could breed those with other morphs to get even more cool morphs...and make a little money on the side...and have lots of pythons to play with.... And a leucistic beardie would be awesome. And a bright orange/red/yellow one. German Giant because the bigger the better. I have mentally constructed my "dream viv" for a frillie when I get the space to buy one. I've even already price-checked stackable racks for hatchling ball pythons.

I can't stop. But I love them all!

And it doesn't help that one of my friends has 60+ reptiles (a lot of them rescues), which makes me think that I'm not going overboard yet. :shock:

Help....

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Goonie":f57ad said:
Thank your lucky stars that your husband loves your beardie so much. It could've been the opposite where he's jealous of her.
You have to videotape him singing to your beardie :lol:
A video of that would be hill-larry-us! :laughhard:

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Krystal! You have quite a collection going there. I have been trying to convine my wife that we need a small room in the next house we buy just for my addiction. Right now, I only have one beardie and his food, but I want another one or two. I also want to breed more feeders, but for now I just have a few thousand roaches.
BTW, what is your major?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hey wait a minute here! :roll:
Are you guys saying there is something wrong with singing to your beardies? :lol:
Oh well .....that's okay because I'm Barbara an I'm an addict.

It seems as not only am I addicted to the beardies, their bugs, but now I have this growing collection of extra viv's in my garage and about the property. It just doesn't stop! :shock: :laughing6:

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
fresnowitte":b1ef5 said:
Hey wait a minute here! :roll:
Are you guys saying there is something wrong with singing to your beardies? :lol:
Oh well .....that's okay because I'm Barbara an I'm an addict.

It seems as not only am I addicted to the beardies, their bugs, but now I have this growing collection of extra viv's in my garage and about the property. It just doesn't stop! :shock: :laughing6:
No No! We're not saying that at all :wink:
It has more to do with baby babble singing like you do for newborns and puppies (and apparently baby beardies). Actually, I do enjoy watching my BD scratch his head like a dog.

Is that a growing collection of...empty viv's?

Eventide

Hatchling Member
gregorydragon":d9cee said:
Thanks Krystal! You have quite a collection going there. I have been trying to convine my wife that we need a small room in the next house we buy just for my addiction. Right now, I only have one beardie and his food, but I want another one or two. I also want to breed more feeders, but for now I just have a few thousand roaches.
BTW, what is your major?

Hee hee, yeah, beardies are just too adorable and loving to have just one. :D

I'm in astronomy. You?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshG88
Top Bottom