Addiction! Can't get enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Neecie I just noticed your age and that you are a grandmother too. I bet you get even stranger looks than I do for being addicted to beardies. But it does make us the favorite grandma doesn't it? :wink:
Most people don't expect to see grandmothers with bearded dragons. :lol:

As for Goonie's smiles :roll: ...........she's got access to all the good stuff. :laughing6:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
protiemama":7479b said:
Ok Goonie, fess up, where do you get the cool smilies? Katherine is begging me to get some too. Well not right now. Lucky for me she's asleep. But still, we want the cool smilies too. Or do they come in a secret moderator stash? :D Hmmm, keeping the "good stuff" for yourself? :D Not fair.
Yup, it's a secret mod thing. If I told ya, I'd have to kill ya.
smiley1690.gif
J/K

Here you go: http://www.smilys.net/

Just had a thought re: stealing Pookie's worms - since they're so high in protein and makes him gain weight so fast, maybe it would be a good idea for me to start getting used to the taste/texture
smiley1447.gif

neecie

Juvie Member
Yea, you're right. 70 yrs old with a lizard in your living room???? Is that late life crisis?? Had all the usual pets thru the years and they were great. Now I like "quiet" and minimum maintenance. All the fussing I do with my little "Sandy" is really easy and kinda creative. My 3 yr old grandaughter is learning about lizard life and also the other grandchildren are too. I keep her during the day, so she's absorbing more. Phoenix and Silkworms have been the main diet for about a month (along with veggies)...........but today got some crickets to balance it all out. This is a trip.................but, as I mentioned before, do any of you EVER take a trip???? I can't figure out how to give Sandy the care and attention if I go away. You're in Fresno, but I'm down in Southern Orange County. Thinking about a 3 wk trip next fall - which is getting me nervous.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
neecie":d55d8 said:
Yea, you're right. 70 yrs old with a lizard in your living room???? Is that late life crisis?? Had all the usual pets thru the years and they were great. Now I like "quiet" and minimum maintenance. All the fussing I do with my little "Sandy" is really easy and kinda creative. My 3 yr old grandaughter is learning about lizard life and also the other grandchildren are too. I keep her during the day, so she's absorbing more. Phoenix and Silkworms have been the main diet for about a month (along with veggies)...........but today got some crickets to balance it all out. This is a trip.................but, as I mentioned before, do any of you EVER take a trip???? I can't figure out how to give Sandy the care and attention if I go away. You're in Fresno, but I'm down in Southern Orange County. Thinking about a 3 wk trip next fall - which is getting me nervous.

Yeah. I worry about the going away thing. For the holidays, (don't know if you celebrate Christmas, I do) my family and I are going to a resort..... Hope they eake pets! :wink:

If they don't... I can't trust anyone with Zing Zing. :angry5: :banghead:

maxattack

Juvie Member
haleygirl272":e4770 said:
neecie":e4770 said:

Yeah. I worry about the going away thing. For the holidays, (don't know if you celebrate Christmas, I do) my family and I are going to a resort..... Hope they eake pets! :wink:

If they don't... I can't trust anyone with Zing Zing. :angry5: :banghead:

Ah, but Beardies are so quite! You could sneak her in and no one would be the wiser.

maxattack

Juvie Member
gregorydragon":dfe9d said:
:help: An addiction with layers. :help: How deep does it go? hmm? So my daughter wanted to BE a bearded dragon for halloween and of course you can't buy that costume in any store that I know of. Here are a few pics. :headbang:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=89324&p=722510#p722510

Oh my gosh! The beardie costume is so cute! Did you make it? Can y daughter borrow it next Halloween? I especially love the beardie acessory. Your daughter is adorable by the way. I love her hair.

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
maxattack":0b0cd said:
gregorydragon":0b0cd said:
:help: An addiction with layers. :help: How deep does it go? hmm? So my daughter wanted to BE a bearded dragon for halloween and of course you can't buy that costume in any store that I know of. Here are a few pics. :headbang:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=89324&p=722510#p722510

Oh my gosh! The beardie costume is so cute! Did you make it? Can y daughter borrow it next Halloween? I especially love the beardie acessory. Your daughter is adorable by the way. I love her hair.
Thanks! My wife made it. She's pretty crafty.
Children are funny. People tell my daughter that she has pretty hair and her response is "I know." I explain what a "compliment" is and that you are supposed to say thank you, but she still says "I know." I'm not sure how much costume will be left. She still wants to wear it all of the time and it's already wearin' down.

maxattack

Juvie Member
fresnowitte":61649 said:
Neecie I just noticed your age and that you are a grandmother too. I bet you get even stranger looks than I do for being addicted to beardies. But it does make us the favorite grandma doesn't it? :wink:
Most people don't expect to see grandmothers with bearded dragons. :lol:

As for Goonie's smiles :roll: ...........she's got access to all the good stuff. :laughing6:

Grandma's are cool! Grandma's with lizards are SuperCool. :headbang:

neecie

Juvie Member
Fer sure I'm one of the coolest!!! The "tentative" trip I'm considering is fly to Wisconsin, then drive with a friend to New York, drive back to Wis. and fly home to Orange County. Beardies don't fit into this senario. My 3 grown kids and their families live about 20 min. away, but the am feeding, cleaning, eve feeding...........not to mention the importance of Play Time wouldn't fit into their early go to work time and night time. I don't HAVE to take the trip - but then think about Who's The Boss. There's no one I would consider living in my house. Oh Well - I have all year to contemplate this adventure. Meantime, I'm enjoying my new hobby. I picked up my 90 year old mother and brought her to my house to see Sandy (for the first time)...........today and she was surprised how fun she was. Even saw her wave and gobble the green peas.Up to now, she thought I was a little weird at 70 to get a lizard. Life's fun, huh???

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Love it! :love5:-neece by next year your grand daughter thats w/ you everyday will be a well trained beardie slave...no worries about who will care for sandy i think she has it all figgured out..hell by then she'll probly have one of her own....& your 4 or 5 to care for..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom