Abnormal Behavior! Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news he seems to be doing a lot better. Trying to support his body weight is a good sign also. I think feeding with a syringe will be less stressful for him instead of a tube.
No black beard either? He must be feeling good today! :blob5:
Keep us posted on him.
We are all pulling for him.

Tracie

Leachy666

Original Poster
Update

Finally got home a little while ago and Guess what!!
IMG_20141122_202052_zpsfl141yfz.jpg

HE OPENED HIS EYES! :notworthy: I'm just over joyed that he's improving so much! In just one day! :cry: I cant explain the feeling is it to see him come bk from death.. I just fed him and bath him just now. Didnt want to over stimulate him so put him back to sleep some more since its late....He looks like he just came out of being Hibernation..But Im just so happy :lol: I know I'm not out of the wood yet but This is big new that I wanted to share <3

I did noticed he looked a little under weight after he started getting his energy bk into his body. I'm wondering if the Carnivore suppliments isn't enough. He's still not eating on his own So is there something I can do now to make him gain more weight? Also in the future when he starts getting insects. I know im not going to give him Mealworm anymore..What other insects can i get him that good for him and not to fatty for them. Also I don't like roaches but any other insect I can handle...And Where are good online store that I can order them from that isnt too expensive on shipment to Socal?

Also video of him earlyer in the morning: http://vid40.photobucket.com/albums/e214/Leachy666/bearded%20dragkn/VID_20141121_225225_602_zpsrnivnkzt.mp4
I'm not Oraly feeding him anymore but I'm just using the tube because he kept trying to bite of the tip of the other plastic syringe I had. I don't want to hurt his Teeth. Last thing I want is a broken tooth.. :/

Leachy666

Original Poster
So its been a while since I've updated. Archimedes is becoming more active. Im still giving him is Med and food with a syringe but I'll try to coach him into eating some green or insects tomorrow. But here are something I've noticed. One is that his right eyes is cloudy? I think maybe he might have hurt his eye when he had a seizure or he scratched his eye. He's also looks likes he going to shed soon. Weird that it happens right after he started getting better. Another thing is that he's not pooping a lot? Not sure if it because I'm still feeding him supplements and his body is taking a lot of it in or that maybe he might have impaction? I don't know...and He still seem to be under weight. I'm wondering how much should a Adult BD weight to be in ok shape? I have a scale but im not size what his weight should be? Other then that he seems ok. I haven't really seen him move around alot but when I take him a bath he does move around alot. I'm glade that he getting some what back to normal. I really didn't think he wasn't going to make it after seeing him barely breath at times.

Anyway...I'm trying to save up to go to the vet soon. Still taking in Donations at http://www.gofundme.com/Archimedes or Buy any of my art/Jewelry here at my Etsy https://www.etsy.com/shop/LeachyPeachy
I really know now how much everything is going to cost me. But im doing my best to find a job soon to help with anymore treatment. So any donation would help out alot. Thank you for those that been reading this Forum. Thank you Tracie for Really helping me out on the bloodwork and explain to me some treatments I can do at home. Big Thank you from the bottom of my Heart. Thank you!
IMG_20141113_045034_zpsg7xydhsu.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm really glad to hear the good news of Archimedes improvement. :) I thought he might start doing better once you got some calcium + good UVB . Hopefully he'll continue to improve. For his eye you might try some unpasteurized honey....it's a safe + natural antimicrobial ointment [ I've used it in my own dragon's eye for infection ] If you want to use it you can thin it out a little bit of warm water and apply it with a Q-tip 2-3X a day.

lele

Hatchling Member
Hi,

How is he doing? I have been reading your posts with interest, you sound like me in doing so much research. An informed keeper is better equipped to discuss things with "receptive" vet. A couple things...

Have you found a new vet? There is a vet named Dr. Greek in Yorba Linda. I looked up your location and his and I think he is relatively close? Maybe an hour? Anyway, I had a little side-blotched lizard who was in a desperate situation and called him. I knew of him from chameleon keeping and that breeders out there highly recommended him. Due to the time diff (I live in New England) b/t here and there (it was night) he was not only available but was very helpful!! Check him out and see if you can get your beardie there or at least call. I understand finances, I lost a cat to lymphoma this summer after charging $3000 - and I am unemployed, but she deserved every bit of care I could give her.

As for Archimedes, I have an almost 10 year old (Feb) translucent, Darwin (Tracie knows him) who has had trouble since he was about 2 y.o. I have had him since he was 2 1/2 months out of his egg. and he is still my "baby boy." He has always been a "poor doer" which is often a sign of the adenovirus. Around 2007 he developed a slight head tremor - kind of like a bobble head toy. My vet could never quite figure it out and we assumed it is neurological. I have been hand feeding him for 7-or 8 years and every brumation I get so worried b/c he does not eat enough to gain proper weight - it gets worse every year.

The reason your post grabbed my attention was the video, this is just how Darwin moves, but he does not have any respiratory or other issues that your guy has (in that respect he has always been healthy). I have had mostly good vets except one who really did not want to hear what I knew or learned, so find someone who will work with you.

I'd decided not to have him tested for adeno b/c even if he had it my care would be the same. However, in 2013 I sent a sample to Tracie and it came back negative. I was glad, but also frustrated b/c we still don't know what is up with him. Translucent"s don't usually live this long, nor adeno beardies ( that I know of). He "seems" to have MBD but his bloodwork always came back fine for that and he has always had proper lighting, etc.

Tracie's suggestion about the milk thistle and serrapeptase helped him last winter and I have started it again. Be sure you check with her on the actual dosing of both, not sure what Rite Aid product may have in it besides MT and the SP. I get mine from a local co-op in seed form (organic) and crush, then sift it myself, mix it with a little Karo to make it palatable. He used to drink it from a spoon, but now I sift it and add it to a mix of supplements.

I have found a great product for syringe feeding that I did not see mentioned here - they are nipple tips. First got mine from
beautifuldragons.org (great site, btw). But found them much less expensive at www.squirrelsandmore.com. They are used by wildlife rehabbers for many small animals. They are soft and flexible so if your guy bites an end off it will not cause any problem with digestion Darwin did this once) as it will pass thru him - except maybe if it is really compromised. The flexibility also helps with getting it in his mouth w/o worry about damage to the lip and mouth.

I hope this helps you in some way. You can do a search for Darwin and find my posts (lele), not sure but some of them may also be helpful. Our history here goes back several years.

Darwin's brother died at 1 1/2 weighing about a 1/4 of the weight he should have been (I did not have him, his first mom did). Maybe Darwin would have been soon to follow, but I love my boy and will do anything for him -that is why I feel he is still with me and doubt he'd still be alive in someone else's care - except maybe yours ;)

Please let us know how he is doing -hope it is good news!

lele & Darwin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom