A Dragon In The Snake Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
My precious sweet babu arrived today and has me wrapped around his tiny tiny tail!

First look at the little guy (his first look at me too, LOL!)

tumblr_moaihqIO7W1qz56kjo1_1280.jpg

Getting a bath after arriving.

tumblr_moaihqIO7W1qz56kjo2_1280.jpg

Climbing on my hand and trying to figure me out.

tumblr_moaihqIO7W1qz56kjo3_1280.jpg

Pancaked out and darkened up under his lights.

tumblr_moaihqIO7W1qz56kjo4_1280.jpg

He drank some water from a squirt bottle and ate about seven dubia just a few hours after arriving. He's the most adorable little thing and even if he's a bit shy now we are going to be best friends and have wonderful adventures together. <3

My sweet babu is almost seven weeks old. He is a sunburst tangerine hypo according to his hatch certificate. He was hatched April 28 and his parents are Dheyy and Knyte from Rio Reptiles, so he's got some serious good color coming to him as he matures. I'm so excited to see him grow and develop.

If you ever want a dragon, go to Cheryl. I can't say that enough. She's been incredible through the process of picking out a baby and helping me get going. beardeddragons.co

I have a million names in mind but I can't decide on one yet. I love Cheryl's naming scheme of using a "y" and some possibilities I've thought of are Veyron, Soveryn, Royal, Phoenyx, Drayden, Tornado and Skywalker. But I feel like I haven't "hit" on the right one.

Ophiophilist

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks, Annalee! I love it too, I thought the blue would bring out yellow/orange coloring.

tumblr_mo52q9CAga1qz56kjo3_1280.jpg

Thanks Spoony! I just love his expression, he's the most adorkable little thing! I didn't expect he'd be so expressive with his face! :lol:

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Congratulations! He is very handsome. The boy I got from Cheryl I named Fred. I'm not so creative...but it fits. I heartily agree that Cheryl is quite awesome.

Spike1etta

Hatchling Member
Aww now I can't wait. I had two rescues fall through this week, so I just talked to Cheryl last night and she is sending me a female tonight. Need my beardie baby fix.

He is really hansom.

Ophiophilist

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
And just because I haven't posted any pics of my other critters, here we go! (Warning for people scared of snakes, there's snake photos after the two leopard gecko photos!)

Zoey
tumblr_mo56wjKNuJ1qz56kjo2_500.jpg

tumblr_mf5ays38Wp1qz56kjo4_500.jpg

Fred
tumblr_mf5ays38Wp1qz56kjo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mo56wjKNuJ1qz56kjo1_500.jpg

Leuca
tumblr_lqtcbmFQkd1qz56kjo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lqaqm7VMzN1qz56kjo2_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_mmjoxv7vkS1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mmjp60AlQa1qz4rgp.jpg

Gulliver
tumblr_mo4yqpe0u81qz56kjo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mk4qbesKBw1qz56kjo1_500.jpg

Paradox (it's hard to get good photos of her! she's in shed here)
tumblr_mnf0euB1Mu1qz56kjo1_1280.jpg

Abby
tumblr_lqtcdbveAt1qz56kjo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lqaqqobTeI1qz56kjo1_r1_500.jpg
(Old photo, she's a lot bigger and on paper towels now.)

That's my little snake den, plus a few lizards. :D

Ophiophilist

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
@Esther19

That is awesome! As you see I have a leopard gecko named Fred! However my Fred is a girl, LOL!

@Spike1etta

You are not going to regret it! Are you getting a baby from this clutch by chance? I really wish I could keep in touch with all the other people getting my dragon's siblings. :D

Spike1etta

Hatchling Member
I almost did. But went with
Dam: Egypt - Intense Citrus Red Hypo het Trans - Audym x Vyllyn Rio Reptiles

Sire: Zhymba - Citrus Tiger Leatherback het hypo - Pinky x Zyo Rio Reptiles

Ophiophilist

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My baby's sire was from Audym x Vyllyn so we have cousin dragons. :lol:

I've been admiring those babies for weeks, they're gorgeous! You're going to have a lovely little lizard.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
He is too cute! And I love all the pics of your other babies as well. I know you weren't asking for name ideas, but I hope you don't mind if I throw one out there. Don't be afraid to tell me it sucks :lol: Anyways, I'm thinking he kind of looks like a Gideon.

Ophiophilist

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gideon is a great name! I just am not sure because I have a G-name already.. This is really hard! Thanks though, I think I will have to sleep on it..I could call him Giddy as a nickname and spell it Gydeon...

Ophiophilist

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well he didn't want any dinner but he did poop in his bath, so he's that much closer to being potty trained. 8) He's doing some post-bath basking and I think he's about to nod off so I am going to put him in his blanket in a bit and turn the lights off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom