5 month old stopped eating all greens/veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenneelk

We got him 2 months ago and he was eating a little greens which I knew was fine at his age, but last week or so.. I noticed he isn't touching his greens at all. I place them a certain way so I can see if he's touched them.
I've tried hand feeding which he eats worms that way, but no go. I tried putting Phoenix worms in there and he meticulously picks them out.
He eats crickets to no end and also his worms.
I wait longer and longer each am to feed his crickets but he won't touch the greens. I also tried carrot, yellow squash, grapes cut up, apple, etc but he won't even try to eat them. I've also tried freeze dried fruit/veggie mix rehydrated, juvenile pellets and another juvenile food that you mix wit water or juice. But nothing. :(
Minute crickets or worms go in he is ravenous with them.

What should I do to get him eating greens again? They are mixed collard greens, dandelion, mustard and romaine. He get a leaf of each torn to pieces about the size of my pointer finger nail.
He's 11 in long.

TheReptile838

Hatchling Member
Try using the vivicator by exo terra. It makes cricket noises and vibrates which usually makea beardies interested with non-live food

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Don't worry about him eating greens. His diet needs to be 80% protein 20% veggies. Mine didn't hit the salad hard until they were 8 to 9 months. Just keep offering it everyday.

jenneelk

Original Poster
Ok will do! Thanks. Was just worried since he went backwards with eating.
I give him fresh morning and late afternoon so hopefully he wil start taking bites in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom