2 beardies in one cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstouts

Hatchling Member
so what is the smallest cage to keep my male and female beardies in and they'll still be comfortable and happy?

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
I want to win lotto.
Not being a jerk, but down the road you may end up with a maimed or dead dragon by doing what you want instead of what you should.

sirenique

Hatchling Member
Agreed with Tom. Also, if you're concerned about affording two individual tanks, you can always check craigslist -- I've purchased 40gal+ tanks on there for cheap from people who want to get rid of them because they are moving, are upgrading, etc. I just purchased a 100gal tank on craigslist for $80 -- anyone can tell you that's a great deal, so look because you never know what you will find!! :D If you get a tank from craigslist, just make sure you clean it out well (ideally with a 15% bleach solution to allow for maximum bacterial/fungal disposal) and let it dry and allow the smell to air out before you decorate it.

Additionally, if space is a problem (e.g. you don't have enough room in your current apartment for two 40gal tanks), you can look into custom enclosures that stack two cages vertically instead of horizontally. However, custom enclosures are typically expensive and difficult to assemble upon delivery, so you're going to have to choose between the variables of space and money. The happiness, safety and well-being of your beardies are not a variable you can alter just because you can't afford the upkeep. You owe it to your pets and yourself to make sure they are well taken care of -- you cannot put your wants over the needs and well-being of your animals. If you can't afford to do so, you need to start looking for a responsible person to adopt one of your beardies to help you minimize your spending. Not to mention if money is a concern for you, housing a female and male beardie of reproductive age together can result in baby beardies; taking care of a litter of baby beardies is only going to exponentially increase your expenditure.

Deemac6

Juvie Member
I believe you have made a thread already where people have told you it is not only very dangerous to house your bearded dragons together but will end up costing you in the end. We aren't telling you this because we want to make things difficult we are telling you this because it is important. You know the risks, you've been told them a million times already, please tell me why you still want to risk it? I really don't understand? I could never think of ever doing something that could cause Thil harm, not on purpose. I just want to know what is so important that you have to house them together? If you can't afford it, you can't afford to give them what they need and looking in to adopting one out is your best option.

They are not companions, they are not friends, they are solitary, they TOLERATE one another. Housing them together is creating a bomb waiting to go off. Why risk their health?

everhood13

Juvie Member
"Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward." --- Kurt Vonnegut

jstouts

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well, mine don't mind each other at all, and i just want to know how big a cage i would need for BOTH OF THEM! so no need to get all pumped up and angry about it.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
It doesnt matter how big of a cage you use. Thats what your not getting.
Look your going to do what you want, so pick a size and just do it. Think huge. Good luck.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
there is NOT one that big. You need them separated and have been told that repeatedly and repeatedly you WILL be told there is NO tank big enough for 2 beardies.

jstouts

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well, my friend keeps his two in the same cage, and he has ZERO problems, plus they don't overbreed; they only breed once a year.

jstouts

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
so your comparing puting two lizards in the same cage to going suicidal? like i said, they have ZERO problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom