12 month old male possible brumating??

Scotty97

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scales
Well Scales was awake and active for most of the day yesterday, so I tried him with some locusts. Fed him one at a time, as I didn’t know how many he would eat, he ate a box of ten large locusts.
Just hoping he will now start going to toilet, he hasn’t pooped for a few wks, as he wasn’t eating much

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Well Scales was awake and active for most of the day yesterday, so I tried him with some locusts. Fed him one at a time, as I didn’t know how many he would eat, he ate a box of ten large locusts.
Just hoping he will now start going to toilet, he hasn’t pooped for a few wks, as he wasn’t eating much
As long as he is / did bask after eating - that's a lot of roaches- did he eat any salad?

Scotty97

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scales
No, he’s still in and out of sleep.
Seems to be slightly more active in the morning, and moves around a bit, and then gets comfy in afternoons and starts sleeping early evening

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No, he’s still in and out of sleep.
Seems to be slightly more active in the morning, and moves around a bit, and then gets comfy in afternoons and starts sleeping early evenings
With that many roaches he should basked

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
Ragnar is still sleeping but still drinking plenty water every couple of days. That's nearly been 4 weeks :( just want him to wake up now missing him loads. Eating that much he deffo should of basked. I would just place him under his basking spot when he more active in the morning just to make sure :) if not give him a nice warm bath to help him poo. You might disturb him abit but it's better than the food just roiting away in his tummy

Scotty97

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scales
as scales hadn’t gone to toilet for a few weeks, he was starting to worry us, so when he’s been awake and active, we been bathing him. After a few baths, slightly warmer than usual, he finically went to toilet.

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
as scales hadn’t gone to toilet for a few weeks, he was starting to worry us, so when he’s been awake and active, we been bathing him. After a few baths, slightly warmer than usual, he finically went to toilet.
That's good to hear! How's he doing now? Did he go back to brumation?

Scotty97

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scales
he was active for about an hour and then he went back under his log.
Going to the toilet must have taken it out of him 😂

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
Thats really good to hear :) I noticed with Ragnar that when he had a warmer bath than normal that's when he used to poo. He wasn't pooping alot cause he wasn't eating alot cause he was going into brumation. He is still sleeping almost been 5 weeks now. 😳

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
Day 3 of ragnar being awake woohoo hopefully he stays awake now. Will order him some bugs today which I will get tomorrow and see if he will eat any :)

Scotty97

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scales
That’s good to hear.
Well Scales was active for a bit, but now he his in his slate house which is in the cooler side of the Viv, and he’s been sleeping solid for last two day 🤔🤔🤔

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSelene
Top Bottom