12 month old male possible brumating??

Scotty97

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scales
He just looks awkward, lying on his belly, with his front legs behind him, but his head still lifted in the air

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They sleep or rest in every crazy position you can think of. They have also perfected the art of making their owners worry over all their quirky + weird behavior. He's fine, just chilling and doing what he wants. :)

Scotty97

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scales
Hello. Although scales has changed his position a few times this week, he is still behaving the same.
As he hasn’t ate any greens, I was just wondering if he need to bath him? So he can drink if he needs to?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello. Although scales has changed his position a few times this week, he is still behaving the same.
As he hasn’t ate any greens, I was just wondering if he need to bath him? So he can drink if he needs to?
You can or you can drop water on his nose to see if he will lick -- but you should do that a couple of times per week w/ the dropping on the nose

Scotty97

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scales
Thanks, I’ve been doing the water on the nose but he hasn’t been drinking it.

To be honest, very rare he drinks water anyway.

I may give him a soak tomorrow, as it’s been a week since his last soak

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thanks, I’ve been doing the water on the nose but he hasn’t been drinking it.

To be honest, very rare he drinks water anyway.

I may give him a soak tomorrow, as it’s been a week since his last soak
Are you rinsing his greens before serving? Watch his poop it will tell you if hes dehydrated it should be dark formed and moist along w/ the urate white formed and moist if its chalky and dried out looking hes dehydrated

Scotty97

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scales
yes his poo was always formed and moist, he was eating plenty of bugs and greens.

Hard to tell last time thou, as it was when he had a bath last week, he hasn’t been since, but that doesn’t surprise me, as he hasn’t eaten since

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The dripping on the nose is just in case he wants a drink, same with a soak but a soak is never a good idea if it was a dragon that was actually in full sleep -mode brumation. Yours isn't really sleeping so he may or may not drink when you soak him but it is fine to let him be for 2-3 weeks at a time, no problem.

Scotty97

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scales
Scales looks to have perked up a little this morning.

My son just sent me this photo.

77722063-5649-4150-8FB0-A1101563330D.jpeg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's fine, everything is perfectly normal behavior that most owners will see at some time. Nothing to worry about, like I wrote from the start they can do this for a few days, weeks or months. They can go in to full on sleeping or just resting. He looks very healthy , also very pleased with himself for making you worry like all the other beardies do to their owners. :)

Scotty97

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scales
Well Scales is definitely teasing us 😂, by the time I got home from work, he was back in his hide, curled up and back in the brumation zone.

My boy put some greens in there but he wasn’t interested.

didn’t want to disturb him and bath him.

Scotty97

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scales
We’ll scales has been doing this for two weeks now.
The last day or two, he has been awake, putting his face by the glass, but then he goes back into his hide.
He hasn’t ate or drunk.
Do I need to do anything yet? Like bathe him

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom