1 year old bearded feeding schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ltd3399

I have a bearded that wont eat greens she is 1. I'm so seeing how much protein is appropriate to feed at that age ? Is 3-4 times a week good? She is kinda chunky but maybe still needs protein?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Ltd3399":1hzeo6cg said:
I have a bearded that wont eat greens she is 1. I'm so seeing how much protein is appropriate to feed at that age ? Is 3-4 times a week good? She is kinda chunky but maybe still needs protein?

Insects once per day + salad each day for a beardie 1 year old.
A one year old is still a juvenile and still growing, can essentially double in size (weight) between 1st and 2nd BD, and needs lots of high quality live insects and calcium.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She looks healthy but big. She probably won't grow a whole lot more over the next year but might have a spurt or two. Over the next 6 months or so I'd work on moving from 1 bug meal per day down to 1-2 bug meals per week. Keep offering a salad every day and rotate ingredients based on what looks fresh at the store. Try some hand feeding to get her interest up. She should start to be eating mostly veges by 18 months old. If she doesn't start to take to the veges then hold off on the bugs for a while and just offer salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom