Feeding schedule update/advice (post egg laying)

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys I took some advice about having a certain feeding schedule for my Amber who just recently laid her 3rd clutch. I was doing bugs 2 times a day (morning/afternoon) and giving her as much as she wants. It's been about a week now and she is still feigning for bugs bugs and more bugs.

Was wondering if I should head back to 2 times a week or 1 time a day for bugs she is still eating greens and LOVES butternut squash. She is looking solid and definitely gained some of the weight she lost back I just don't want her to get into the habit of bugs daily.

She is drinking and pooping ok tad watery but I'll take it these pics are her last 2 bowl movements

Note: first pic is today the 2nd is 2 days ago

Attachments

• IMG_20230703_132800.jpg
    IMG_20230703_132800.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20230701_151600.jpg
    IMG_20230701_151600.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 52

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I would do 1 time per day for a little bit, then back to normal schedule. The biggest thing is you don't want her to stop eating her salads for the bugs. I only wish my guys would eat salad on a regular basis 🙄 😒 lol

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I would do 1 time per day for a little bit, then back to normal schedule. The biggest thing is you don't want her to stop eating her salads for the bugs. I only wish my guys would eat salad on a regular basis 🙄 😒 lol
That's what I'm worrying about I don't want her getting dependent on bugs only though she does go hard on her greens when she realizes I'm not giving her bugs.

She has her good days and bad days sometimes she just doesn't want greens and then the next day she will eat a dish full she's weird like that.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeenaD11
Top Bottom