Uvb

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Re: Uvb

Postby AHBD » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:10 am

Hi there, can you post a pic of your new little dude ? When you say he's not eating much, what is he eating ? Post a pic of the size of the insects next to him too, that would be helpful.

I like your set up, nice assortment of climbing areas for a beardie ! One suggestion, prop the log up against the larger rock so he can get even closer to the uvb.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Feezy18 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:37 pm

[Click image to enlarge]

Here’s GusGus I’ve been feeding him small Dubai’s and small crickets. He eats but the most he’s ate was like 15 Dubai’s at one feeding. It’s usually like 8-10 and everywhere i look that’s not that many for them to eat. I’m struggling to get him to eat veggies and greens. I can’t get him to eat a leaf here and there he seems to like bell peppers but he won’t eat any veggies and greens or any fruit when i try.
Feezy18
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:00 pm

Yep typical you need to get your self a glass or ceramic bowl something like this
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Reptile- ... cx_mr_hp_d
get your self some BSFL a great staple feeder for babies do not dust them and add as many as you want to the bowl in front of him
http://www.symtonbsf.com order large they are small -- feed salads first thing in the morning - you want him eating salads now --- or some anyway --- you can also get some small super worms if you can find them add 1-3 to the bowl in front of him--- small horn worms dubiaroaches.com mails out smalls if you order medium size feed 1-2 on top of salads -- all the movement will get hes attenetion to the salad bowl -- dont feed any insect staple feeders till hes eaten from the bowl for at least an hr then add your dubias to the bowl --- crickets will haft to be disabled by pulling a leg off of them -try that and see how it goes-- hes amount of dubias is alot - the smaller the insect the more they will eat --
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Feezy18 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:39 pm

Thanks i will try that for sure
Feezy18
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby AHBD » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:44 am

It sounds like his appetite is pretty decent and he looks very healthy. :)
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Feezy18 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:14 am

He just won’t eat veggies or fruits and greens
Feezy18
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:30 am

A lot of babies won't but you just keep offering the greens until they eventually do. All my babies ate greens early on so just be patient + keep trying.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Feezy18 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:33 am

Yea i kee offering every day. He hate a few leaves and a couple pieces of bell pepper. I got some bsfl and a feeding warm bowl comin I’m gna try that trick when it all arrives
Feezy18
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Enclosures