Story Time

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Re: Story Time

Postby BeardedDragonSteve » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:14 am

Also I have tried to see if Smaug would eat ants in a video, she has not yet. I suppose I should be glad about that because it means I have been feeding her well. I got a shipment of BSFL and she loves those.
Got Crickets?
BeardedDragonSteve
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Gormagon » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:50 am

BeardedDragonSteve wrote:But this generation of bearded dragons. Bah humbug these young whippersnappers need to go outside more and read more books. Otherwise next generation will be even worse. Back in my day they did not have these fancy high tech habitats, they had old school aquariums (I am not actually really old, just some more funny writing for you all.)

I'm not ready for a walker yet but I remember having to get up to change the channel on a black and white TV (one of 3 channels), LOL!!!
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Postby DragonPete » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:54 am

Gormagon wrote:
BeardedDragonSteve wrote:But this generation of bearded dragons. Bah humbug these young whippersnappers need to go outside more and read more books. Otherwise next generation will be even worse. Back in my day they did not have these fancy high tech habitats, they had old school aquariums (I am not actually really old, just some more funny writing for you all.)

I'm not ready for a walker yet but I remember having to get up to change the channel on a black and white TV (one of 3 channels), LOL!!!

I remember getting our first 19 inch COLOR! Still only had 3 channels. Lol! But we were livin' large!
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Gormagon » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:02 am

Thank you....It made me chuckle!!!!
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Postby MrSpectrum » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:31 pm

Gormagon wrote:I'm not ready for a walker yet but I remember having to get up to change the channel on a black and white TV (one of 3 channels), LOL!!!

+1 👍

Does my cane count? I remember 2 channels; ABC (I learned later) was in some cities/markets, but didn't catch up to us until the '60s. Then PBS, then the first independent in our market that later became FOX. Admittedly, we avoided cable for 20 years. :roll:

It took us until the '80s to convince Mom that color TV wasn't radioactive and going to make her grow another head. (Yeah, I know the history of the early models, but that was 30 years earlier.) :lol:
ImageImageImage
MrSpectrum
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby BeardedDragonSteve » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:33 pm

Was one of the 3 channels TELEMUNDO.
Got Crickets?
BeardedDragonSteve
Juvie Poster

Postby MrSpectrum » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:59 pm

BeardedDragonSteve wrote:Was one of the 3 channels TELEMUNDO.

No, TELEMUNDO didn't come out until '84. I thought that was around when cable started, because that's when cable came to our area (silly me... :oops: ) Cable's history goes back to '48--even before my time, and is more interesting than I thought.
ImageImageImage
MrSpectrum
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Gormagon » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:39 pm

MrSpectrum wrote:
Gormagon wrote:I'm not ready for a walker yet but I remember having to get up to change the channel on a black and white TV (one of 3 channels), LOL!!!

+1 👍

Does my cane count? I remember 2 channels; ABC (I learned later) was in some cities/markets, but didn't catch up to us until the '60s. Then PBS, then the first independent in our market that later became FOX. Admittedly, we avoided cable for 20 years. :roll:

It took us until the '80s to convince Mom that color TV wasn't radioactive and going to make her grow another head. (Yeah, I know the history of the early models, but that was 30 years earlier.) :lol:

All we had was NBC, CBS, and ABC when I was a kid, all black and, white. Man, color TV was out YEARS before we got it, LOL (didn't get it till I was 6) in 64 :shock: :shock: :shock: . Like Jeff Foxworthy said, "If the president was on your night was screwed", LOL!!!
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Postby BeardedDragonSteve » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:03 pm

Hey, if you see this post............. read a book to your dragon.
Got Crickets?
BeardedDragonSteve
Juvie Poster

Postby BeardedDragonSteve » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:04 pm

Read it to them weather they like it or not.
Got Crickets?
BeardedDragonSteve
Juvie Poster

Postby DragonPete » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:10 pm

BeardedDragonSteve wrote:Read it to them weather they like it or not.

Lol! 😆
Petey's snoozing under his new uvb tube, hate to disturb him. 😉
Dunno about other people dragons but Petey definitely knows when I'm talking to him. I think it may be the pitch and tone when I say 'Petey Boy'. 😊
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby BeardedDragonSteve » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:18 pm

DragonPete wrote:
BeardedDragonSteve wrote:Read it to them weather they like it or not.

Lol! 😆
Petey's snoozing under his new uvb tube, hate to disturb him. 😉
Dunno about other people dragons but Petey definitely knows when I'm talking to him. I think it may be the pitch and tone when I say 'Petey Boy'. 😊
-Dee

Smaug just looks at me when I am close by.
Got Crickets?
BeardedDragonSteve
Juvie Poster

Postby MariosDad » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:28 pm

:book:
BeardedDragonSteve wrote:Hey, if you see this post............. read a book to your dragon.

That's been my daughter with Mario pretty much every night since she's had him! :book:
Mario's Dad- 3 kids, 1 old dog (in our hearts, RIP Kibo), 2 barn cats, 6 chickens, and a new beardie named Mario!
MariosDad
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to General Discussion