This was my first ever beardie…

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
1692413877733.jpeg

I was looking through old files when I came upon these old pictures, this was Smaug my first ever beardie. Don’t have many pictures of her grown up but here are some baby pictures. I miss her sweet little face😢
1692414097966.jpeg

She was so photogenic 🥺
1692414150492.jpeg

First time having a strawberry 🍓
1692414487177.jpeg

First picture ever taken of her, April 13th 2011.

She was such a sweet, sociable dragon. She had several past health issues due to being a Petsmart dragon (I didn’t know better) but in the end got to live a good long 12 years.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
She was a cutie pie, 12 years is a good long life so you must have taken stellar care of her.
I've lost two over the years, i still miss them both horribly. There is just something about them.....

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
She was a cutie pie, 12 years is a good long life so you must have taken stellar care of her.
I've lost two over the years, i still miss them both horribly. There is just something about them.....
I know. Smaug was special, she would completely calm down if I held her close to me. She was always so snuggly and friendly… I’ll never really get over her loss,

She was a fighter, she had a horrible bought of parasites while she was still very small that nearly took her life. Later, she had to undergo surgery to remove some stuck infertile eggs that had began to rot in her stomach. Then, only recently she was diagnosed with a terminal illness that eventually took her life. She fought until the very end.

Last edited:

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
I know. Smaug was special, she would completely calm down if I held her close to me. She was always so snuggly and friendly… I’ll never really get over her loss,

She was a fighter, she had a horrible bought of parasites while she was still very small that nearly took her life. Later, she had to undergo surgery to remove some stuck infertile eggs that had began to rot in her stomach. Then, only recently she was diagnosed with a terminal illness that eventually took her life. She fought until the very end.
I remember when I had a rescue he had arms that flipped backwards and he had parasites which almost took his life since he was only 3 months old when I got him. I was so scared. Even Then his arms became normal and his Parasites went away which we celebrated. It was all great until it was 6 weeks until his first birthday when his Parasites came back. The vet told me that there was a slight chance of him living. I lost him 4 weeks later. When he first had his Parasites the vet said he might have a slight chance of living since of how small he is which he survived so I named him Warrior.
You're girl sound and looks very sweet. 12 years is a long life for a bearded dragon I bet she had the best life she has had thanks to you

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I remember when I had a rescue he had arms that flipped backwards and he had parasites which almost took his life since he was only 3 months old when I got him. I was so scared. Even Then his arms became normal and his Parasites went away which we celebrated. It was all great until it was 6 weeks until his first birthday when his Parasites came back. The vet told me that there was a slight chance of him living. I lost him 4 weeks later. When he first had his Parasites the vet said he might have a slight chance of living since of how small he is which he survived so I named him Warrior.
You're girl sound and looks very sweet. 12 years is a long life for a bearded dragon I bet she had the best life she has had thanks to you
I have made mistakes in the past, and, if I’m completely honest 12 years shocked me as well. I tried my best and worked with what I knew, I would have loved to come across this forum sooner but there is no changing the past. And, I am very sorry for your loss.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
We all make mistakes, luckily they are hardy and can bounce back from most of our mishaps. The light are the one exception, if you get thst right the rest is pretty smooth. That's why we all harp on lighting so much here.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
i agree, this is why we always start with lights and temps. if they aren't right, nothing else matters. and so easy to sort out before we move on to other things!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
i agree, this is why we always start with lights and temps. if they aren't right, nothing else matters. and so easy to sort out before we move on to other things!
And it's the first bad advice pet stores give out, i wish they would educate their employees.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom