HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my ba y yesterday today he tried to run away in catching him I thin I accidentally broke his right upper leg he is dragging it behind him ? What do I do is there a way to tell if it's broken???

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor guy. Can you get him to a vet? An x-ray would help to show the extent of the damage. In the meantime I'd try to keep him from needing to move it as much as possible. Lower any basking areas and make things as accessible as possible.

Cupcake9495

Original Poster
I did I took out the wood that the lady gave me and put in a nice flat concrete rock. He hasn't eaten anything but he's been moving around a lot. Do you think he's in pain and if so what can I give him to help. Should I wrap the wound? If so what should I use.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he's dragging it it's probably a bit painful. Is there any swelling around the leg aside from the blood blister? Can you post some photos of him and the wounded leg?

You could try to create a splint but I'm not sure if it would be helpful or harmful without knowing where the damage is and what the extent of the damage is.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor little guy, I wonder how it split open like that ? His arm may or may not be broken but it is an open wound that hurts , so he would be favoring it. Can you get to an experienced reptile vet ? You really should try to get him to one. If you can absolutely not get to one, buy some raw, unpasteurized honey to put on it. The kind from a health store, very few grocery stores carry raw honey....it must say raw + unfiltered or unpasteurized ,it's a natural antimicrobial. Add a tiny bit of warm water to thin it. Apply to the wound with a Q-tip and cover with a bandaid . If the bandaid is large, cut it to fit. Then check it every few days + change the bandaid, but be very gentle. If you can't get the bandaid on, just apply the honey 2X a day. Keep any loose insects out of the tank [ feed him by hand or just be sure non are loose after feeding ] Give him water on his nose to lick via syringe or eyedropper to keep him hydrated.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If there are no reptile/exotics vets, call an emergency vet + explain the situation. It looks like that may need to be stitched up...if you could take him in they might help him really quick.

Cupcake9495

Original Poster
Ok so his arm got better but now I have other concerns. The tip and about half way up his tail is black. What is the cause of this.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So his arm healed up , that's great ! Can you post a pic of it and also of the tail ? The tail may just be natural dark coloring they get sometimes, but if you post a pic someone can tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom