My bearded dragon fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.I need help from all of u to check out my bearded dragon. Mine fall. Now he's sick badly. I taught a back bone injury but im not sure about that. Please help figure it out.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
How old is the dragon? How far did the dragon fall? What surface did s/he land on?

If the dragon is appearing sick after a fall, he needs to see a vet ASAP.
He could have a break, inflammation, swelling, etc. You will need to rule out what you're dealing with.

In the meantime, keep him warm and comfortable, limit handling if his back appears injured, and get him to a vet pronto

mahathirazizan1

Original Poster
6 months. From my shoulder to my abs. I catch him from falling to the ground. But maybe i grab too hard. I cant show a pics because online from the phone

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
You can upload photos right from your phone
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/
Upload on this page and then when replying, click the XIMG button to select the photo to use.

Shoulder to torso isn't a big fall, but depending on your reaction you may have hurt him when catching. How large is the dragon? At 6 months, I'd guess maybe 12"-16" nose to tail? Trying to determine how fragile he may be.
Falling from shoulders is WAY too common. Please, please, please learn from this and have a firm hold on your dragon at all times when they are on your body. Just one hand over them can prevent tragedy.

Did this just occur?

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
You can link a youtube video or video from another site, sure.

It's hard to tell of any injury in the photo, he looks relatively healthy at that angle.
Is his beard black/dark at all? Can he move ok?

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
How is his movement on a non-slippery surface?
Regardless, it's obvious he has movement issues. A vet visit for an x-ray would be a great idea. Good news is he doesn't appear to be in agony.

When did this fall occur?

mahathirazizan1

Original Poster
His movement also like that on non slipery surface but moving. Not very fast as usual. Its like too hard to move. Very slow. 3 days ago

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
3 days ago, and the movement issue happened afterward? He was fine up until then?

I still say an examination by an experienced vet is required. I understand they are hard to find some places, but I'd look where you can, his life may depend on it.
His beard isn't blackened and generally seems in good spirits, but his life will be made more difficult if there is a break or injury that a vet could assist with and is unable to do so due to not being seen.

The pic for today is more concerning as he appears very lethargic. Is he like this often or did you catch him waking up?

Seeing the sand in the tank may be worth going over your setup as I'd recommend against loose substrate. If he isn't getting what he needs from lights, food, etc, his bones may have been very fragile as you caught him

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
No problem, please keep us informed and best of luck!

If you're not able to get him to the vet right away, I recommend lowering your enclosure lights to be optimal from the floor area so he won't have to climb.
Someone else on the forum may have more experience and also have some more advice regarding how to help remedy any pain or discomfort in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom