Swollen Toe and Knee. What could be causing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It is a prescription med so I'd ask your vet for a prescription. If they don't carry it, they can call the prescription into a compounding pharmacy like Diamondback Drugs in Arizona or Wedgewood in New Jersey. They will ship the meds to you with appropriate dosages. Since it needs to be offered continuously, they may be able to set up a recurring shipment. I'd ask your vet about it.

Cash

I took my beardie to vet and I made him do xray...he says it's gout and could get better but didn't prescribe anything...that was Monday and my baby's leg is obviously bothering him and it appears the whole leg and foot are swollen! What can I do for him?

kerib86

Definitely a cherry extract, whether a dark cherry extract or tart cherry extract concentrate. It will help to break down the uric acid crystals forming in the joints and aid as an anti inflammatory..give about 1 ml a day or 15 cc if you have a smaller syringe. Some ppl recommend 5 ML a day but it seems like an awful lot. It will help but takes time like all natural remedies or even prescriptions medication. It is not reversible but it can be manageable. My vet did the same thing even suggested euthanasia as everyone has told me the damage is done. If they're not eating on their own it's due to pain and could try assisted feedings with carnivore care powder mix. But anything long term could mean the quality of life may be at stake. I see my vet tomorrow and am requesting a bl9od test and to look at her xrays again. I'm trying all approaches before I give up... I don't want her to suffer at all but I don't believe it's her time yet...I will find out more tomorrow feel free to PM me.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry your boy is still having trouble.
You are going to have to get him on gout medication for full treatment. The supplements will just help temporarily but wont really cure it per say.
Will the vet not prescribe the allopurinol for you? If not, it's time for another vet's opinion.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom