New Beardie Gandalf

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardmom25

Hatchling Member
This is my new baby, Gandalf
96991-355500849.jpg
96991-8385748258.jpg

This is his current setup. I have half blocked off because I a, still working on getting hi. To chase his food! Please excuse the spilled vitamin powder, I dropped the cricket cup!
96991-9960382902.jpg
96991-8368131094.jpg
96991-6822950840.jpg

talktothetail

Hatchling Member
Pretty! You should take he hammock out until he’s older, the babies can get their nails stuck in it and rip them out, if you want a hammock, you can make your own with cloth and suction cups.

lizardmom25

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for letting me know, I will definitely take care of that!. I am pretty crafty, I think I could make a fabric one!

I think he is finally settling in after a week. We puled him our briefly last night to lay textured vinyl tiles in the bottom of the enclosure, and I have a Reptisun T5 hood on order to upgrade his UV. He has eaten decently the last couple of nights. He weighs 6g and is eating 5-7 appropriately sized dubias a day, plus a couple of phoenix worms some days. I am hoping he is getting enough food. He is so tiny, I worry about it when I see care sheets say 20-40 insects a day.

We are used to leopard geckos, where 5 crickets is more than enough for a little guy.

lizardmom25

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sadly, this little one had to go back to the pet store. He never really ate for me. Apparently several of his clutchmates had similar issues. I will be going on Friday to my reputable local non-chain store to look at the 2-3 moth olds they are getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom