Basking light color?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If by yellow you mean a soft white that is ok. Like a regular household bulb that puts off a warmer color. If you have the box the bulb came in, you can post it up for us and we can tell you. It usually tells you the Kelvin rating which is a scale that describes the color of light it puts out.

You want to stay away from bulbs that put out color such as red, blue, purple, etc.

-Brandon

LouieLizard

Original Poster
claudiusx":27zw4lyb said:
If by yellow you mean a soft white that is ok. Like a regular household bulb that puts off a warmer color. If you have the box the bulb came in, you can post it up for us and we can tell you. It usually tells you the Kelvin rating which is a scale that describes the color of light it puts out.

You want to stay away from bulbs that put out color such as red, blue, purple, etc.

-Brandon
I think its more of a soft white. It's a Zoo Med Repti Basking Spot Lamp. What is better, soft white or bright white?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It is really not too big of a deal. Your uvb will be outputting a high kelvin rating of bright white - daylight so the basking bulb kelvin rating isn't a huge deal really. Whatever you can get in that range will work! :D

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The Repti Basking Spot is OK. Especially when combined with a good UVB tube as mentioned. I've used those in the past without issue (aside from perhaps lack of durability).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom