Salad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogathedragon

Hatchling Member
How to I get my beardie to eat salad? He I one year old and doesn’t seem to want to eat salad at all. I leave a salad in there everyday, but he doesn’t seem to touch it

Hey Bogathedragon!

Try putting some of Boga’s favorite worms in with the salad...the moving leaves should encourage him to try some. Also, try lots of colorful fruits and veggies of his (or her’s?) favorite color. So for example, Autumn’s favorite colors ironically, are orange, yellow and red, in that order. When she’s being grumpy about her greens, I feed her some yellow or red peppers, or maybe carrots (neither of which is a stable, btw). Hopefully Boga will be chowing down on his greens in no time. Hope this helped!

SGS

Bogathedragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AutumnTheBeardie":36vocyjq said:
Hey Bogathedragon!

Try putting some of Boga’s favorite worms in with the salad...the moving leaves should encourage him to try some. Also, try lots of colorful fruits and veggies of his (or her’s?) favorite color. So for example, Autumn’s favorite colors ironically, are orange, yellow and red, in that order. When she’s being grumpy about her greens, I feed her some yellow or red peppers, or maybe carrots (neither of which is a stable, btw). Hopefully Boga will be chowing down on his greens in no time. Hope this helped!

SGS
I will definantly try that thank you! He can be quite stingy

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Be careful with carrots, they can cause to much vitamin "A" to build up, causing serious health issues. They are not a staple food, only to be fed occasionally. My dragon loves them but she only gets them twice a week, because I love my dragon more than she loves carrots, lol!

Gormagon":1v2ozh6j said:
Be careful with carrots, they can cause to much vitamin "A" to build up, causing serious health issues. They are not a staple food, only to be fed occasionally. My dragon loves them but she only gets them twice a week, because I love my dragon more than she loves carrots, lol!

XD Ditto, if I let Autumn, she would eat them much more than she does. But, I don’t let her, and she has to settle with collard greens. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom