Bathing

Status
Not open for further replies.

aqua9915

Whats the best way to give a beardie a bath? I'm not sure if my beardie has gotten a bath before, and i would love some tips! thanks so much! :mrgreen:

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
I use a large 18 qt plastic container (depending on dragon size) and fill it with 1/2 to 1 inch if luke warm water. The water should not feel the slightest bit hot. Do not leave the dragon unattended. You dont want the water going higher than 1/2 way up their legs. They will usually drink, and some like to poop in the warm water. In that case, dump it all out and start a new bath. 3 to 10 minutes is great. I bath them instead of using water dishes (they like to poop in those) 2 to 3 times a week.

Jeff

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
now that Malibu is full grown i use a plastic cat litter pan.she can swim & drink & of course do her doodie in there.

TwistOfCate

Hatchling Member
For Cori I use the bathtub because he loves swimming and it gives him more space than containers would allow. If you choose to go this route just be sure to give the tub a good bleach down after.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
We bathe Blazey in the sink and our monitor swims in the tub. We have a spare bathroom that is designated for the reptiles, so we don't have to worry as much about bleaching as often (one good bleaching a week), since we don't bathe in the tub or use the sink for anything more than washing our hands..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom