what should the temp be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I agree all lights on at least 12 hours per day and temps for young babies 95-110F but the higher range of that(105-110)is better for your young ones. :D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
vickson420":209aa said:
I agree all lights on at least 12 hours per day and temps for young babies 95-110F but the higher range of that(105-110)is better for your young ones. :D
Agree. :wink:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's best to be careful and have all the info before giving out advice. Since we have helped this OP on other issues, we were aware of the ages of her beardies so that's why we pointed out the importance of constant temps, etc.

ilovebeardeddragons

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
ok so this is how it works i turn on the lights at 10:00 am (i know im kinda lazy lol) then a half an hour later i make sure there on there basking spot or there tummys are kinda warm then i feed them then i pritty much let them do there think till im on my lunch hour(im home shcooled so im home all the time) then i give them baths then i let them do what they want make sure they have collards then i turn there lights off at 10 thats how it works its not gonna change(unless i forgot something)

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
ilovebeardeddragons":2f275 said:
ok so this is how it works i turn on the lights at 10:00 am (i know im kinda lazy lol) then a half an hour later i make sure there on there basking spot or there tummys are kinda warm then i feed them then i pritty much let them do there think till im on my lunch hour(im home shcooled so im home all the time) then i give them baths then i let them do what they want make sure they have collards then i turn there lights off at 10 thats how it works its not gonna change(unless i forgot something)
That schedule sounds just fine. :D

Were you able to get your cool side down by moving the lamp all the way to the warm side?
If that doesnt help plz let us know. You can also change the type of bulb.For instance....a "spot" or "tight beam" bulb directs all the heat to one spot (which will keep the cool side cooler) whereas a "flood"type bulb disperses the heat to a larger area (which also heats up the cool side). Does that make sense? Basically Im suggesting a tight beam or spotlight bulb to solve your problem :wink:

SLUphilosopher

Juvie Member
Hey OP, I'm a lazy dude myself. I got a digital timer from Target (like $10). You just plug in the lights and set the times and you never have to worry about forgetting to turn them on or off....it's great. Just a thought.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
SLUphilosopher":219ee said:
Hey OP, I'm a lazy dude myself. I got a digital timer from Target (like $10). You just plug in the lights and set the times and you never have to worry about forgetting to turn them on or off....it's great. Just a thought.
Yup,timers are the greatest thing!! I got mine at Home Depot :D

Btw,welcome back! Its been a long time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom