German giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If there parents were German Giants.

The German Giant gene is so washed out now a days, that most marketed German Giants, are actually just normal sized bearded dragons who might have had German giant somewhere down the line 5 generations back or something. People started breeding mainly for colors and special morphs like silkback/leatherback, trans, hypo etc, that people really stopped breeding true GG's

It is extremely rare to find a true German Giant, many people have been looking for the true German Giants for a long, long time, with no luck.

-Brandon

dangit12

Juvie Member
yeah saw it on the site but if you do breed a dragon that had a past generation of german giants a small percent of the babies will have the traits of a german giant.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The small amount of traits are so washed out that it should be considered a scam/fraud to call any dragon now adays a German Giant, IMO.

The German Giants would get to 25+ inches in length, I believe I saw a few at around 28 inches too. And they were heavy, all over 700g's

-Brandon

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
claudiusx":3kop91nd said:
The small amount of traits are so washed out that it should be considered a scam/fraud to call any dragon now adays a German Giant, IMO.

The German Giants would get to 25+ inches in length, I believe I saw a few at around 28 inches too. And they were heavy, all over 700g's

-Brandon
my moms friend has a true German Giant hes HUGE :shock: hes the reason why i got in to beardies :love5:

jjh1

Juvie Member
I have a male Sandfire x GG just turned 2yrs and is 23" long grumpy but loveable all at the same time
Wouldnt give him to anyone for the world he is my suck when he wants to be a momma's boy

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
jjh1":1iuy1ikg said:
I have a male Sandfire x GG just turned 2yrs and is 23" long grumpy but loveable all at the same time
Wouldnt give him to anyone for the world he is my suck when he wants to be a momma's boy

Thats what im talking about lol. Personally I would not consider that a GG by any means, and its not fair for breeders to market it as one.

23 inches was about the average dragons go to before breeding for the special morphs and for color got really popular.

EDIT: Realised that sounded kind of rude! I'm sorry thats not what I meant to come off as at all :(

-Brandon

sanchezjc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well i got my beardie at petsmart an they lady said he ate like a champ, he wouild eat double the amout of food. i know if i were to measure him he would probly be 15 inches but thats becasue he got his taill bit off as a young one but i know he will be over 20 inches if he didnt

jjh1

Juvie Member
claudiusx":28s8gehc said:
jjh1":28s8gehc said:

Thats what im talking about lol. Personally I would not consider that a GG by any means, and its not fair for breeders to market it as one.

23 inches was about the average dragons go to before breeding for the special morphs and for color got really popular.

EDIT: Realised that sounded kind of rude! I'm sorry thats not what I meant to come off as at all :(

-Brandon

It didnt should rude at all Brandon Striker just grew another 2 inches I thought they stopped growing after 2 yrs old lol but he just came out of brumation 1 months ago so I measured him 23" before brumation 25" after so he is a big boy but cant complain he loves to cuddle after the hormones die down and he starts to eat again lol

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
First you must upload your pic's to a photo storage hosting site such as http://photobucket.com/
Registery is free once you have registered an account you can upload your pic's.
To upload your pic's there you must click on the upload button to locate the pic's you wish to upload. You may upload several at a time by holding down your Ctrl key as you click on each pic when you get to the last pic double click. Once the pic's are at photobucket you can copy and paste the IMG code into your post a reply page...it's the forth choice under your pic when you put the cursor over it. It will appear as a code between 2 IMG's like this . . Click on the Preview button to see if it worked if you can see the pic then your all good an you can submit post. If it doesn't work then PM it to me and maybe I can tell you what went wrong.[/quote]

saleen89559

Juvie Member
My male Spike is 25¾" long. Hes also roughly 4 years old too. I want to say his head is easily 3¾" wide and the base of his tail is over 1½" thick. Would that qualify as a giant? Everywhere I go he makes all other dragons I have seen look like they are still juveniles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom