Meet my new little buddy - Lewis and Morty’s official thread

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
1694988987446.jpeg

Today, I got myself a new pink footed giant millipede! It’s adorable 🥰 only 1 inch long at the moment, it will grow up to 4 inches total once full grown; his name is Lewis.

1694992588605.jpeg

Here is his temporary home until he outgrows it, afterwards Im moving him to a larger Tupperware container. It’s one of the big houses from Dollarama, fully cleaned prior.

1694992781652.jpeg

This is Morty the snail, still trying to identify its species. Until I find out if it can be co-habed with Lewis, they will be housed separately. It’s shell is 3/4 of an inch.

I’ll keep this thread posted with updates on their care/growth, for now, this is it.

Update: Morty is likely a rounded snail

Last edited:

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I came in here so fast like- you have another beardie that fast LOL LOL

You named them already LOL

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I came in here so fast like- you have another beardie that fast LOL LOL

You named them already LOL
Haha- not quite! I’d love another beardie, I actually saw three of the cutest babies I’ve ever seen on an outing today. Poor things were all skin and bones, I was actually on the verge of tears 😭

I was tempted to rescue them but honestly I can’t afford more than one at the moment- inflation is nasty! And as a uni student it’s pretty hard as it is, I only hope some sensible person could go and rescue them!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Those are neat. Does the millipede give off an odor? Some of the ones from back home had a pretty strong smell

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Those are neat. Does the millipede give off an odor? Some of the ones from back home had a pretty strong smell
It does have a slight odor but that is from its defensive secretions, it’s very mildly toxic which can cause skin irritation to those with sensitive skin. I personally don’t feel it.

Fun fact about said millipede: it’s the largest millipede species native to North America!

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Oh wow that's friggen awesome 👌
I've debated on keeping a Manis or two, also debated on keeping some jumping spiders 🕷 i think both are pretty rad, but they don't live all that long and it would be sad when they pass.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Oh wow that's friggen awesome 👌
I've debated on keeping a Manis or two, also debated on keeping some jumping spiders 🕷 i think both are pretty rad, but they don't live all that long and it would be sad when they pass.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE jumping spiders! But I agree, animals with such short lifespans are difficult to keep knowing they’ll die so soon! That’s why I gave up on rodents, J had a hamster as a kid and it devastated me when she passed.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Same here. But mine dragged the sheet on my bed into it's cage and destroyed it before it passed. Come to think of it, my mom may have sped up it's passing. 😲

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom