Nim's Story - More videos and pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am the slave of six cockatiels and my new dragon Nim. I'm creating this thread to share all the cute things my little Nim does. Ive had him for eleven days now and he likes me. He warmed up to me six days after I got him. He is the smartest lizard I have ever owned. I would post pics but I'm having some trouble. I put a photo on Flickr and then do the image thing but it only flashes the pic then it disappears if anyone could help I would like that. Nim is a six inch ten gram bearded dragon. Who's favorite veggie is dandelion greens. I have an organic lawn so I get the dandelion greens from there.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I just wanted to go to the zoo so badly too. I didn't go last year and the year before that it was the 4th of July. My word was it hot. NOT a good day for the zoo, LOL. :D But next year, mom and I are going to do many fun things. Also, think of how crowded the aquarium will be. *shudder* I don't like crowds, and I HATE loud crowds of people. The zoo is open too, the aquarium is a building, big difference. I have a feeling I won't like it there. But I might as well try, who knows, I may love it. We'll see. :D

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
It was okay the one in California (when I lived there) the aquarium didn't let anyone pet the small cage of starfish and such..I
can guess the starfish and whatever else didn't like being touched so they told everyone NOT to touch them, used to be able
to pet them. They were even eyeing people like hawks to make sure no one touched any of them, so I couldn't sneak a touch just
one finger not my whole hand. Starfish man, he was just ASKING for it, sitting at the top of a rock..ooh you are lucky those people
were watching everyone. They seemed really suspicious of me.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Wow, I thought aquariums were supposed to have petting zoos. I guess they didn't want germy kid hands touching the creatures, LOL. I wonder what types of creatures will be there. Maine is pretty cold in the oceans, I have swam in them. Cold, very cold. There shouldn't be much life in there. But there is because it is the ocean, the one place that will forever be unknown to man. LOL, but still, the earth is a beautiful mystery. If man discovered all the beautiful species, the magic would be gone. That is part of the wonder of this world, it keeps the magic of mystery alive. :D

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
They did have that as the petting zoo, but IDK what made them stop. Maybe creatures got sick IDK whatever still the starfish
was just sitting there felt like it was laughing at me too "Haha you can't touch me!"

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
LOL, that's an adorable picture. A starfish teasing little kids. :D You know what is creepy about this time of night? We are the only people on right now. LOL, I call that creepy. :D

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
I love aquariums! But they don't have any around where I live. Eccept for the one in the syracuse zoo and that's tiny. I've always loved see creatures, they are so interesting. I used to want to be a marine biologist but I suck at biology. I perfer forensics.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
noelerhard":2ujw473h said:
I love aquariums! But they don't have any around where I live. Eccept for the one in the syracuse zoo and that's tiny. I've always loved see creatures, they are so interesting. I used to want to be a marine biologist but I suck at biology. I perfer forensics.

I'd rather stick to the land creatures. If I had to chose a favorite sea creature it would be the dolphin, LOL. :D I like mammals, not fish. I'm good at both biology and forensics. That is why I want to be a forensic entomologist. It is biology and forensics. My most favorite subjects. :D

Well, not much about Nim since he and I have been up for a few hours. Gonna feed him breakfast soon. And I'm thinking of upping his calcium. I have been doing three days instead of the five days. Why? Because there were yellow crystals in his urates. A sign of too much calcium. But I was holding him last night and his joints sounded slightly creaky. A sign that I have figured means too little calcium. So I guess I'll do the five days and see from there. This can get so annoying. :roll: I think that's all the updates for now. :D

NEROtheMONSTER

Sub-Adult Member
I want to be a Herpetologist soo bad,along with Nat Geo Photographer :D .My dad is a Biologist,i used to visit his work.It was fun to wander around in.
Maybe i need calcium,my bones are a little creaky.That makes it sound like i am an old person :laughing6: .

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
LOL, actually, creaky bones means to cut down on the tomatoes and potatoes. But for Nim it means calcium. :D I had a fun time at the aquarium. I'll share the pics I took on Sunday. Because Saturday I'm going to be out all day. And I mean allllll day, LOL. :D Nim will so hate me after tomorrow. Not much to post because I am tired as I had to get up early today. And early tomorrow. I actually arrived home later than planned because my sister wanted to be picked up. But she was doing something so she could only be picked up at 9:00. I missed the season premiere of Fringe, but luckily it is taped. Nim got his dinner at 11:30 because that was when we came home. And I didn't have a meal planned for his dinner because I was expecting to be earlier. But, as most know, nothing turns out as planned. I should've expected that, but didn't because I guess I forgot. My eyes are burning and I have a early morning tomorrow, so I'll rant some more on Sunday. Because once we get home on Saturday I'll climb straight into my bed. So, sadly, Nimmy won't get snuggles tonight or tomorrow. :( He'll hate me even more for that. But he needs to understand that dinner came late and he needs a full two hours to digest. By then I'll be ready for bed and turning off his lights and the kitchen lights. *sigh* That's all the post for today. And there will be none tomorrow. just gotta finish reading up on some more threads and I'll be going off to bed.

P.S. I'm unsure whether Nim pooped today or not. There are two probable reasons; one, he ate his poo (I don't know why, he did only have greens for breakfast and I have seen him lick his poo.) Or two, he held it in because I wasn't there to pick it up out of his cage. I'm not sure which is true.

NEROtheMONSTER

Sub-Adult Member
TheWerewolf":ycgh495f said:
LOL, actually, creaky bones means to cut down on the tomatoes and potatoes. But for Nim it means calcium. :D I had a fun time at the aquarium. I'll share the pics I took on Sunday. Because Saturday I'm going to be out all day. And I mean allllll day, LOL. :D Nim will so hate me after tomorrow. Not much to post because I am tired as I had to get up early today. And early tomorrow. I actually arrived home later than planned because my sister wanted to be picked up. But she was doing something so she could only be picked up at 9:00. I missed the season premiere of Fringe, but luckily it is taped. Nim got his dinner at 11:30 because that was when we came home. And I didn't have a meal planned for his dinner because I was expecting to be earlier. But, as most know, nothing turns out as planned. I should've expected that, but didn't because I guess I forgot. My eyes are burning and I have a early morning tomorrow, so I'll rant some more on Sunday. Because once we get home on Saturday I'll climb straight into my bed. So, sadly, Nimmy won't get snuggles tonight or tomorrow. :( He'll hate me even more for that. But he needs to understand that dinner came late and he needs a full two hours to digest. By then I'll be ready for bed and turning off his lights and the kitchen lights. *sigh* That's all the post for today. And there will be none tomorrow. just gotta finish reading up on some more threads and I'll be going off to bed.

P.S. I'm unsure whether Nim pooped today or not. There are two probable reasons; one, he ate his poo (I don't know why, he did only have greens for breakfast and I have seen him lick his poo.) Or two, he held it in because I wasn't there to pick it up out of his cage. I'm not sure which is true.

I do eat a lot of both :oops: .Eww,eating his poo,hope its not that one.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yeah, me too. :D I decided to hold Nimrod for at least a little while. He just looked so pathetic. So I have him right now. We're snuggling. :love5:

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I do have aquarium pictures but Photobucket has 39 to upload. This may take awhile. While I'm waiting I'm going to rant about Petco bearded dragon care. So, Friday night the only pet store we could go to was a Petco. Since I was getting canned crickets I thought 'okay, I'll also see if what other people say on this site about Petco is true.' They were 20 minutes till closing but this what I saw. Three beardies that were six or more inches long. Dried greens, a tube UVB (unsure of what kind), I didn't see a heat light (they may have turned it off since they were closing so soon), Calci-Sand and a empty food dish. From what I saw the beardies had all body part intact. I'm guessing the food dish had meal worms in it, but the beardies ate them all. I'm basing that guess on, that I saw what looked like pieces of meal worm shell in the dish. Two beardies were next to each other on the floor by the food and salad dish. Then I saw this one beardie who didn't look in good shape at all. It was on the top of the basking log, one eye completely closed and the other looked like there was sand in it. All the beardies were extremely dark and had stress marks. Probably 'cause they were cold. So, all the people who say that Petco has the worse beardie care are correct. I'm glad I got my Nim from PetSmart. At least they housed the beardies on reptile carpet. Well, pictures are done uploading. I will post them soon, along with Nim pics and news. :D

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Okay, here are the aquarium pictures.

Lobsters.
A two year old lobster, it is about the size of a large crayfish.
P9250068.jpg

A giant lobster. They were unsure of the age it is when someone asked. But this lobster was huge, about the size of a medium dog.
P9250026.jpg

P9250029.jpg

P9250030.jpg

Other lobsters. I didn't ask what age but they were about the size of the ones people get at the supermarket.
A beautiful blue.
P9250074.jpg

A bi color lobster. Really weird how the two colors don't blend.
P9250073.jpg

Then just a regular colored lobster.
P9250075.jpg

Crabs.
Two horseshoe crabs. I didn't even know we got them in Maine. But this aquarium only had creatures found in the Maine coast. These horseshoe crabs were in the touch tank they had.
P9250031.jpg

A tiny hermit crab that I picked up.
P9250018.jpg

Two other hermit crabs right next to a clam. All of these crabs were in the touch tank along with sea cucumbers, scallops, mussels, giant sea snails, small lobsters and sea urchins.
P9250017.jpg

A regular crab. LOL, I have no idea what it called.
P9250015.jpg

A hermit crab that when I picked it up it almost crawled out of it's shell. I set it down after I took this pretty cool pic.
P9250021.jpg

And a wee little baby crab on top of a plant that was in with the sea horses.
P9250070.jpg

Fish. Disclaimer, some of these fish pics are blurry because the fish wouldn't stay still.
A skate that was in the shark and skate touch tank. I didn't touch a stake but mom did. She said that they are bumpy like Nim's scales. Rays on the other hand are smooth. But they aren't found in Maine waters.
P9250040.jpg

A shark that was in with the skates. It's skin felt like an emery board, if you rubbed it the wrong way.
P9250039.jpg

Shark and skate together. And I really don't understand why people are so afraid of sharks. I wanted to hug the larger one of the two in the touch tank.
P9250041.jpg

A northern sea robin. The things that looks like legs are feelers that is uses to look for food. Quite an interesting animal.
P9250034.jpg

Two blurry pictures of the other fish that were in with the sea robin.
P9250032.jpg

P9250033.jpg

Two pictures of a lumpfish.
P9250051.jpg

P9250054.jpg

A pipefish, it is related to the sea horse.
P9250059.jpg

P9250064.jpg

The only sea horse we get in Maine. Both are females. But this is only two pics of one.
P9250072.jpg

P9250066.jpg

Flounder.
P9250045.jpg

P9250044.jpg

Rainbow trout and other trouts.
P9250048.jpg

P9250049.jpg

Other various fish.
P9250062.jpg

P9250080.jpg

P9250024.jpg

Other various sea life.
A blood starfish.
P9250058.jpg

A small geoduck.
P9250061.jpg

Anemones.
P9250079.jpg

P9250081.jpg

Catshark eggs. You could see the baby shark inside the egg. But my camera doesn't show it well.
P9250076.jpg

P9250077.jpg

That is it for the aquarium pics. The next post will have Nim pics and Nim update. But you can see that I enjoyed the aquarium more than I thought. Just look at all the pics. :D

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Now we have the Nim update and pics. I was gone all day yesterday because I was at a awesome concert. We won free tickets. I also set up a very easy feeding chart for my brother to follow. I'm guessing Nim just didn't poop on Friday. But he did yesterday. My brother also cleaned it up, I wasn't expecting him to, I thought it was going to sit in the tank. I thanked him extra for that. I think he loves Nim more than he shows it. :wink: Nim also is my little mopey face today. He's upset that I was gone for Friday and Saturday. But, luckily for him, the next time I will be gone all day and probably night is in two weeks. I just care so much for that lizard. Mom thinks I worship him because I make my plans around him. I can't help it, I love him like crazy. It seems he is a part of me. It feels like we are one. I didn't even have that type of bond with Yuzu. There is something about Nim. I also had a nightmare about him because I worried so much the two days I was gone. In my nightmare he had MBD and he had a massive under bite. He looked like a bulldog. I gave him a inspection once he was warmed up and he is okay. And I also couldn't take a nap in the car on the way home from the concert because I was worried so much. It's like, ever since I got Nim, my worryless childhood ended. Nim is a huge responsibility. I guess it's like having a human baby. Maybe I don't want kids when I'm older, LOL. :D Anyways, here is a few pictures of my Nimrod.
This is his new way of asking to get out. "If I just hug the wall, mom will get me out. I know she will."
P9250002.jpg

"Oh, hi. I wasn't begging."
P9250001.jpg

I know he wants out but he did just eat.
P9250003.jpg

And a closeup.
P9250005.jpg

And before I end this post, Nim is peeling. I'll take a picture of his new leg and tail scales once all the skin is off. :D

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Thanks for posting the pics of the aquarium! I especially love the sea horses. Nim is adorable he is getting so big!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom