Zak-n-Wheezie the 2-Headed Bearded Dragon(s) RIP APR 4/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
First let me say, "thank-you Vicky!"
pikapuka the potty training in the bath works wonderfully. Just like with small children as soon as they're in the water they poop! All of my adult dragons are potty trained that way.

Okay! I'm not going to post any more pic's of poop :lol: but let me say they are still pooping on the papertowel in the morning and in the bath in the afternoon.

Previously someone ask does Wheezie eat?

100_3611.jpg

100_3612.jpg

100_3613.jpg

100_3614.jpg

100_3615.jpg

Frank my husband took his camera to work today I'm bumbed. :( I wanted to get a pic of Zak getting ready to shed. His little nose and chin are all white. So being he is getting ready to shed he doesn't want to eat and wants to hide at the cool end. Wheezie whom is not shedding at this time wants to eat and bask so there is a lot of argueing going one right now. Poor babies!

Barbara

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
:wave:
Ifrit79":041e3 said:
Poor Zak n Wheezie right now. Hopefully Zak will shed quickly and get his appetite back soon.

Yeah, but one good thing about a 2-headed beardie is that if one is not eating I don't have to be to worried about it. Being that their heads shed at different times someone is always eating. I just hate when they shed between their heads. I know that your not suppose to help with shedding other than a bath. But I have to help them out. The spikes between their heads get stuck they can't rub them off. So I have to take a Q-tip while they are bathing to help try and work it off.

Barbara

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Good for you Barbara, it would be difficult for that part to shed. They must feel so much better when that part is gone. They are so fascinating and to be opposites is marvelous. Your whole household must be enthralled by them :notworthy: :love5: :love5: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: I wish Sweetie would eat her greens the way your boys do, she stopped doing that about a year ago. Any suggestions? :wave: :wave:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
sweetiepie9 How old is Sweetie again? My 2 year olds went thru a phase where they didn't show much interest in their salads.
Here's a couple of thoughts for now.
My beardies really like silkworms so I placed a couple of silkworms in their salad. The silkies have those sticky little feet or what ever there called and would stick to the veggies so everytime they'de go for a silkie they'd get a mouth full of veggies.
Also I feed my beardies there salads first thing in the morning otherwise they will fill up on the live feeders and won't touch their salads. :roll: Little brats! :wink:

Barbara

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
We actually decided we're going to do what you just suggested. That will help. I did discover that she'll eat chopped squash from my hand, I'm still trying to get her to eat it from the plate. Then we have assorted greens and occassional raspberries. She still loves her worms best and Roger is up early and feeds her worms at 5a. I feed her salad @ 9a, so she should have some room. Even days when we didn't give her worms, she would still be difficult to feed greens & veggies. So when she's in her cage basking and opens her mouth, in go small pieces of greens with calcium. So she got some worms today; she attacked the box Roger had of worms at the pet store at the cashiers. Roger takes her in often to visit. He opened the box and Sweetie put her head in and ate the bunch. So Roger ended having to buy more. What a girl. She just may be making eggs again. Oh well, guess it's time to get a lay box together again. Keep you posted. :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Barbara,
Imagine my shock at finding pictures of Zach and Wheezie. That is meant to be an extreme compliment. I am new to the site and have had my head buried in learning about beardies so I can get my own dragon. They are beautiful and have been lucky to have someone to love them and look after them. I have enjoyed the pictures. I am looking forward to a beardie of my own (want one so bad) Thank you for sharing.
Sara

Fonzibear

Hatchling Member
Wow congratulations on having probably the coolest pet on the face of the earth!

Just curious though would it be possible for Z-n-W to be sexed? and also does zack control 2 legs and wheezie control the other 2?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you Sara!
Fonzibear":65cbd said:
Just curious though would it be possible for Z-n-W to be sexed? and also does zack control 2 legs and wheezie control the other 2?

Thank-you fonzibear!
Z&W are boys!
Yes, Zak controls the leg/arm and lung on the right and Wheezie controls the leg/arm and lung on the left.

Barbara

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Yes, they really are! :D
They have done a wonderful job so far defeating the odds.
I'm sitting here thinking WoW it been almost a year. What an awesome year it has
really been.( brings tears to my eyes) Being able to wake up everyday to such a sweet, amazing, unbelieveable pair.
They have given me something that I can't begin to explain. Just that they have really touched my life. :love5: Something that no amount of money can buy, the joy of the experience they have given me.

Barbara

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Barbara,
I took time to read all 9 pages of this post last night after putting my son to bed. The story of Zak n Wheezie is so touching and wonderful. There is only one thing I want to point out. Somewhere in the thread it was said that it was not understood how they have made it this far. I agree and disagree at the same time,yes it has taken alot and defied the odds that part I understand and won't argue with,this is my point. When the boys were hatched they needed someone to love them unconditionally,and to care for them. They found that person in you!!!!! Forgive me for what I am about to say but need to say it to make my point. You could have had them destroyed (and some poeple would have or milked the story for publicity and then had them destroyed. From what I can see a very kind and loving lady has fought beside them every stretch of the way taking care of them,loving them and also loving them enough to share their wondeful life with others. You are to be congradulated on their life and please know that my thoughts are with you for their continued success. They have touched me and I look forward to more pictures. Thank You.Sara

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you Sara! :) And for takeing the time to read the entire thread.
My husband woke me up at just before 5am to read your post. I new that it must have been a good one when I seen a tear in his eye.
Well your post brought tears to my eyes, that was very heart warming. I truely appreciate that you see it that way.
I must be honest my very first thoughts were that I must put them out of their misery. But the problem I had with that was I couldn't see any misery, just a beautiful little creature that deserved a chance to live. Is it sad that my beautiful boys are stuck together? Yes! But they still deserve to live a happy life.

Barbara

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Getting to see Zak n Wheezie is a real joy and I catch all pictures of them that I can. You must have a super big heart to go through what you all have been through and still hang on. I am a stay at home Mom partly by choice partly by necessity and I love reading about the boys (and if I'm not mistaken your other animals as well) And it is such a joy to see them. I am waiting to get my own beardie (with more and more impatients). And am trying to learn all I can before I get one. May I PM you sometime? Would rather have permission than be rude. I know that with anything worth while it takes love and patience. You seem to have both and I know your boys know that you love them very much,my thoughts continue to be with you. BTW what kind of dragons do you breed? I am learning all I can until I came to this site I didn't realize there were so many different kinds and colors. Give all my snuggles to the animals,and also to you and your family.Thanks for sharing.
Sara

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you Sara for being such a sweet heart. :love5:
An I have no problems with receieving PM's from anyone, so yes, you may PM me anytime.

As far as different names for different color and size beardies I am just as in the dark with that as you. :roll: I'd say that I just have normal bearded dragons. :dontknow:
I do tend to have babies that show a lot of orange and brilliant yellows, but others just look plain to me (I've been told that I have sandfire/Iris). :dontknow:
I do tend to have large babies in comparision to other babies that I see of same age. But my original pair did have german giant in their blood lines so... :dontknow: Not always though, I have my runts too. Junior my youngest I kept even though he was the runt because he looked like his daddy Rocky (R.I.P.) big ol' bug eyes, but he is even larger than some juveniles I see of similar age. So I really couldn't tell you what I have it's all to confuseing to me. I really don't go by looks I am mostly concerned with having healthy beardies in return healthy babies.
I can only imagine how hard it is to be patient, to wait to get a beardie until you feel that you have gathered enough information. I commend you for that! :study: :blob8:
If only more people were like you. :)

Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessicaruth2001
Top Bottom