Zak-n-Wheezie the 2-Headed Bearded Dragon(s) RIP APR 4/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Barbara,

I'm glad you like the sculpture idea, and will look forward to San Jose!

:laughhard:

fresnowitte":5bfcc said:
But August in San Jose I'll have to consider. That's not that far and it is a good time of the year weather wise for Z&W. Me too and that's near the beach. :blob8: :blob8: :blob8:
As for the sculpture idea that's good!
I've been trying to get someone to make me a charm or something like that. Beardies have alot of detail so I haven't had any luck.

My oldest son works in a tattoo shop I told him that if he could draw them that I would get a tattoo. :mrgreen: Mind you I have no tattos. :lol:

Barbara

I have to laugh. I worked a number of years in a record store, and I should have half a dozen tattoos and piercings, based on the employee average, but really, no, I don't have a single one! And my son, also an artist, has several tattoos, too! :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

pikapuka

fresnowitte":28a1e said:
My husband has told me several times... no all of the time, that I should charge people for pic's of them, that if I did I would be a millionaire by now. But I feel as if I am a millionaire in the heart. That's something that money can't buy. :love5:

Barbara

I absolutely and completely understand and admire your love for Z&W. Reading that brings tears to my eyes and a shiver down my spine. You are just as one of a kind as your precious boys. Thank you for the knowledge :study:, happiness :mrgreen:, and heart :love5: that you bring to bd.org you are a millionaire as far as i'm concerned! :lol:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
:wave: pikapuka that was really nice not only did you bring tears to my eyes but my husbands as well. Thank-you so much!
And may I say Meekip is beautiful! :D

Okay I told everyone that I was trying to potty train Z&W.
YES!

100_3576.jpg

This is the 3rd day in a row!

Barbara

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Well done Barbara, you may start a new method of potty training. Sweetie, sweet girl that she is, poops in the tub daily, so I never have to pick up any mess, which is great. It was a suggestion on the forum that started the daily baths, as she was starting MBD in her hind legs. She still doesn't stand straight up, so we continue morning therapy. She's become quite a good swimmer as a result. And when she's shedding it really helps. So good for you, that you're getting them trained on toilet paper. They are such an awesome beardie, it's just incredible. Sweetie says, way to go guys, keep up the good work! :headbang: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
:wave: Thanks sweetipie9!

Z&W alot of the time poop twice a day once in the morning when it's kinda cold still for a bath and then again later during their water therapy. :D With changeing to repti-carpet it's very convenient. With 6 viv's in the house it's nice to find ways to save on cleaning time so that I have more time to spend with all of them. And everyone here! :D
Give Sweetie a kiss for me! :wink:

Yes, beardie osk they really are good boys! :love5:

Barbara

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Very cool! :headbang: The only thing I've been able to work out with my guys is not pooping on their furniture, and I have 8 out of 10 at that level. And in my room, any papers out still seem to be fair game! :roll:

pikapuka

Thank you so much!! I am biased when it comes to other beautiful beardies, Meekip is my favorite- :mrgreen: I wonder if I can potty train her... :? at least to stop pooing on the furniture, it's such a pain to clean and it's getting stained!! keep us updated dear!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hey Barbara
Great job on the potty traing and everything else thats been going on since I last posted.I think you are a wonderful beardie mom and human being for that matter.You are doing a great job and are really setting the bar for not only special needs beardie care but for beardie owners everywhere.I also gotta say I love the footprint idea as well as the sculpture.You definately are a millionaire in my book.Keep up the good work.

Vicky

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
To picapuca :D I don't know how many beardies you have, I just gave Sweetie, but she's been trained to poop in the bath since she was 5 mo old. once she's pooped, I clean out the water and she swims and soaks for about another 15 minutes. Personally I think she should be in a beardie swimming olympics, she swims the entire length of the tub at least twice and also has a floating device (my back support for when I bathe!) and will then float around for awhile, she seems to really enjoy herself. The water has to be cool to my touch and away she goes. Today she even jumped off my hand and splash went right under. Didn't seem to faze her at all. So we have water games first thing in the morning and no messes in her tank, for which I am thankful. Even if I'm a bit late getting up, she seems to wait until she's in the tub. So that's one thing you can try. I know Zan-n-Wheezie do the same in their water therapy in the aft and I've read of alot of beardies that do the same thing. The bath was recommended when we first got Sweetie by people on this forum because she was starting MBD in her hind legs. This really plumped up her back leg and front leg muscles and now there's no sign of MBD. Give it a try if you can. Sweetie says hi to you all :wave: :headbang: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessicaruth2001
Top Bottom