Zak-n-Wheezie the 2-Headed Bearded Dragon(s) RIP APR 4/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you!

I will most definately keep all of you posted.
And as far as the novelty items go, everyone here will be the first to hear and have first pick at getting them. :D Not to worry! :D

I would also like for someone that does silk screening to make me up some T-shirts. I'd like to have one for myself to wear to NARBC in Anahiem this September.

I really can't wait for it this year. :blob8:

Thousands of people got a chance to see them last year an I'm sure that no-one expected them to make it this far. I know that Dr. Wentz is in total disbelief, that's where I met him. I'm really hopeing that Nigel Marvin will be there again this year. ( He is such a nice man and could only give us praise for job well done. He will be so happy to see them.)
Also I met Bob Mailloux founder of Sandfire Dragons he even said that he had never experienced an oddity such as Z&W's. (He didn't have any encourageing words for the chance of them surviveing either.)

After the NARBC last year I contacted the Reptile Magazine thinking that they would like to do a story on Z&W they never got back to me. So I'm looking forward to seeing them there as well. (They probably didn't think that they'd make it very long either.)

I'm really amazed too! I can't lie. After being told by so many that they would not live past 3 months. I spent the last 11 months and 11 days fearing for their life. It sucked to think that we would have such a short time together. They are so precious!

Thank- You Dragon God! I can't even imagine starting my days without them. :love5:

Barbara

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
fresnowitte":4b4b2 said:
Thank-you!

I would also like for someone that does silk screening to make me up some T-shirts. I'd like to have one for myself to wear to NARBC in Anahiem this September.
Barbara

Hi, Barbara! My husband did silk screening. That was about 25 years ago and by hand. We did a few 2 color signs 2 of which were 4ft by 8ft. That was a 2 person job and not very easy. He also did tshirts but that was only limited to 2 maybe 3 color. I know we wouldn't really have the knowledge to do picture on tshirts. He wants you to know, silk screening is very expensive. It's not really worth the cost, per each, unless you get a lot of quantity done. I work at a college book store and we sell tshirts imprinted with our college logo and name. Every company that sells them has a minimum quantity you must buy and they have a one time charge for the imprint you put on the tshirt.

Of course, if someone can do silk screening via computer (never tried that as that was a long time before windows) it may be a little cheeper. I know there is a company in our local town, or was anyway, that put your pictures on tshirts.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Yesterday we went to the vet. Just check-ups! Everyone is healthy. Well my husband might be feeling a little sick with all the money he put out. But our Doctor does give us a discount he knows that we are small time breeders. He is just so happy that we are responsible enough to get them all checked out. He also told use that if we are worried about contracting adenovirus to just breed from the stock that we already have. Don't bring any other beardies into the mix. I'm ok with that! I have a couple of different bloodlines so that's not a problem. I'm not interested in trying to create any of those beautifully colored beardies, although I do love those pretty red morphs. :love5:
But I'll be happy with just produceing healthy babies.

Here are a couple of pictures of Z&W at the rest stop takeing a potty break and stretching their legs. Oh yeah! Our vet is like 2 hours away, so if anyone was wondering why I wasn't around yesterday that's why.

100_3710.jpg

100_3706.jpg

100_3707.jpg

100_3708.jpg

While we were there we attracted a crowd. Imagine that! While we were there a young family came up to us with their 2 young boys. The mother told me that they had just been on vacation to Disney Land and several other places. But the best part of their vacation was seeing Z&W, what a compliment. :D

Barbara

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
*****While we were there we attracted a crowd. Imagine that! While we were there a young family came up to us with their 2 young boys. The mother told me that they had just been on vacation to Disney Land and several other places. But the best part of their vacation was seeing Z&W, what a compliment.*****

How could you be suprised by this? Is there anything greater to see then Z&W? :D

I love the pics they seem so very content.I take it they got a clean bill of health from the vet?

Vicky

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
vickson420":2aa17 said:
How could you be suprised by this? Is there anything greater to see then Z&W? :D

I love the pics they seem so very content.I take it they got a clean bill of health from the vet?

Okay that was just alittle sarcasm. :wink: Of course they attract a crowd,
everywhere they go.

Wheeew! Yes they got a clean bill of health. Hip...hip...HOORAY! :blob8: :blob8:

Barbara

Elaina

Juvie Member
:blob8:
They are healthy! yaaayy! I'm assuming that means your other draggies are healthy too, can't forget about them :mrgreen:

So- I finally got a chance to show my son (the one who made a BD webpage at school) the pics of Z&W's life stages- he was so AMAZED!!! Actually the whole family was looking, they were all quite impressed. Now my son wants to edit his webpage and put up a pic of Z&W!!!! LOL.. But school is over so its just a wish at this point. Anyway..congrats- VERY GOOD JOB to you and your hubby. It can get expensive, pat him on the wallet for us, he did great :wink:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Elaina":866ef said:
:blob8:
They are healthy! yaaayy! I'm assuming that means your other draggies are healthy too, can't forget about them

Actually yes they are healthy with the exception of my last rescue girl Ms. Piggy she still has a very low count of pinworms but it is not bad anymore. Nothing that 1 more round of meds won't take care of.
She was in bad shape when we got her. She looked healthy enough but had been on calcium sand for a long time, amazeingly no signs of impaction. But she has the thick layers of skin that have a hard time shedding. I've been bathing her everyday in hopes that we can turn that problem around. She had also been over breed probably due to being housed with others beardies. Or possibley was just used as a baby makeing machine. She has German Giant in her so she is capible of laying very large clutches ( no more though) No horns left on the back of her head and badly scarred. Her front nails were so long due to not being keep on a hard surface that her fingers look slightly crippled. She is not one of my breeders I took her in to retire her, entirely to give her some TLC. But all of the rest, my home grown babies and my first rescue (RD) that I've had for a year and a half are cleared of pinworms.
So I'm very happy!
Because if I would not have taken my bunch off of partical substrate I most likely would still be battleing parasites with all of them. I am so greatful to everyone on this site. :D

Elaina I'm truely tickled that your son enjoyed the pic's of Z&W. Those are my favorite pay offs the little children that know who Zak-n-Wheezie are. They all feel as if they have known them for a long time being that a lot of them grew up watching Dragon Tales.

I had several suggestions for a name for Z&W when they first hatched but I knew that I had already chose the perfect name. :mrgreen: :love5:

Barbara

Elaina

Juvie Member
Elaina I'm truely tickled that your son enjoyed the pic's of Z&W. Those are my favorite pay offs the little children that know who Zak-n-Wheezie are. They all feel as if they have known them for a long time being that a lot of them grew up watching Dragon Tales.

I had several suggestions for a name for Z&W when they first hatched but I knew that I had already chose the perfect name. :mrgreen: :love5:
My kids are 9 and 10 so they don't watch Dragon Tales any more (now the 2 yr old does tho) - but they remember and they were so tickled!!!

All I can say is, if a little pinworms is all that you had to worry about, you have a great bunch of healthy guys and girls, that reflects on you!! :headbang:

Its very sweet and smart that your taking care of Ms Piggy, just to make her life good from now on. I wish I could rescue more beardies, honestly I wouldn't mind a houseful. But it is expensive...One day when I don't have so much on my plate, I am going open a rescue for exotics. People sometimes treat animals -like reptiles- as an accessory. So if they get tired of them, or its too much work, and they just ditch them because they think they have no feelings. We all know thats not the case, my beardies LOVE me (even when Lola tries to tough and scare us away..little brat).

Anyway, you're a great beardie Mom. Good Job Mommie!! :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you so much Elaina!

I only have 1 of my 6 children left at home he is going to be 12 on June 14th. Zak-n-Wheezie hatched on his 11th birthday. :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: My oldest is 26 he watched Dragon Tales when he was little as all of my children did. I have to be honest I still like to watch Dragon Tales.

I would definately not have the time or money to take on so many beardies if anymore of my children were still at home. As you said it can be quite expensive/and it is. An myself I could never get rid of any of my beardies....I could never get tired of them. I have a hard enough time letting my babies go when it's time. I always end up crying like a big baby. Beardies are so easy to get attached to. An it feels good to have their unconditional love. :love5:

Barbara

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Well done, Barbara and all your beardies, good to know 1 more dose for Ms. Piggy will do the trick. Then all will be healthy. It's good you mentioned getting off particle substrate. I can't agree more. Since Sweetie's been on repti carpet she has no problem staying in her 40 gallon breeder tank for long periods of time. So different than when she was on sand and constantly begged to get out. We were also lucky she had no impaction problems, then took her out to feed her, so that also helped until we could change everything.

Barara, your beardies are great to watch and read about, your husband is a gem and I bet all your kids and grandkids can't wait to visit you. My mom and dad have 6 grandkids as well, 24, 21, 7, 6, 4, and 2. And they all like to be with Nanny and Grandpa!

Glad you've kept this thread going. :D :D I'll be watching it. Sweetie, as always, says hi :wave: :wave: :love5: :laughing6:

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Barbara,
Hope you got my PM I just wanted to say again that you are a wonderful mommy and your family,both human and animals are lucky to have you. Congrats on a clean bill of health for all and give the animals a little hello from me and my family. BTW how many animals do you have if you don't mind me asking? Sara

Prisma

Juvie Member
T-shirts. I'd like to have one for myself to wear to NARBC in Anahiem this September.
I've made transfers of my artwork to put onto T-shirts using the computer. You need to get a high resolution photo (150-300 dpi will do), format it however pleases you (I use photoshop, but there's lots of graphic programs out there), and then print it (ink jet) onto transfer paper. The paper is about $2/sheet and then there's the cost of the T-shirt, so if you wanted to sell them, they'd be quite pricey for buyers. However, if you just wanted one for yourself it's not bad. And if anyone else (like some of your many fans here at BD.org wanted one, then you could work that out. Maybe just send out transfers, and we could buy our own t-shirts and iron them on ourselves (notice I said 'we'??? I'll buy one! Z&W are my beardie heroes!) Anyway, if you want more info, you can pm me. I'd be happy to help. :D

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you Sara!
I have as follows;
Humans
1 hubby
6 children
6 grandchildren
Beardies
Checker's 2 yr. old male
Ms. Tiggs 2 yr. old female
RD not sure of exact age around 2 yrs.old female (rescued girl had her over a year now)
Ms. Piggy No idea what age female (rescued girl had her less than 6 mos.)
Z&W 2 weeks less of being a yr. males
Junior 4 month old male
Cats
Beefy 4 yr. old male
Metro 4 yr. old male
And 1 Chihuahua Bella that I inhereited from my daughter in-law

That's my Family! :D

Prisma Thank-you! I like your idea an I was kinda thinking along the same line as well. I will PM you later about it. As I have already said I'm not very technology smart. So I definately may need some help.

Barbara

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Hey Barbara,

Glad to hear the gang is all healthy. Jasper had a bout with pinworms early on - they're terrible, aren't they? Miss Piggy will be feeling much better soon though, I'm sure. I didn't realize she had such a hard life before she came to you. I'm so happy for her that she gets to live out the rest of her life in luxury! She must think she's in heaven! What a special, spoiled girl she is. :love5:

Sandi

Oh my gosh! I am absolutely amazed by this! It's just fascinating! I really don't even know what to think about it I'm just marveling at the sight of them. You're quite a lucky lady. My hubby's been dying to go to another Reptile Show....I think we'll be seeing you at the NARBC in Anaheim. I'm only 20 minutes away.

Congratulations on your sweet little guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom