Tales of Thresh and Fizz *Update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

So Deb was amazing today and came over and helped me pick out the new baby for the family. Except he isn't so much of a baby. And he may also may not be a he. :lol: He's from the same clutch as Baron was from, so his birthday is March 10th! And holy moly what a healthy juvie.

Even though he is a bit small at 12 inches, he can eat. Let me tell you, he can eat. Deb got pictures of him eating when I first gave him food 5 minutes after him being in the tank. 2 bowls of roaches later and a bowl and a half of baby bok choi and he seemed content. SO. PICTURES. I only got 3 before my camera died. :(

SAM_0286_zps317c2bb4.jpg

SAM_0287_zps523d934c.jpg

SAM_0288_zps4cd3629a.jpg

The last two are kind of crappy...But the camera was making angry red flashes at me and I was trying to get some.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She's such a cutie, Jolene, I'm so glad you got her, even if she is a her. She doesn't mind being handled at all, loves to have her beard rubbed, checks out EVERYTHING, is so curious :lol: She jumped off my hand onto the floor, but she's so light, no problem, but that won't happen again. She jumped off Jolene's hand onto my shoulder, that startled me a bit. We both told her that she really can't fly, but she'll try at every opportunity, mine still do & they're much bigger than she is! Jolene thinks she's starting pre-shed on her back & I think she's shedding her beard, too. She's also got some shed to come off her tummy, which is always creamy white, not 1 stress mark at all. I'm glad I was able to get more roaches out for her, she's got a massive appetite; now she has to continue with her greens, too. So won't be touching the roaches again for awhile, the moms were pretty anxious with me in there picking out 1/2" roach babies. So now they can settle down and make more babies!

Annalee

Juvie Member
I haven't had a chance to post the last few days but I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry to hear about Cho. I know how hard it is to lose a dragon after so much bonding. I lost my first one, Charmander after he fought an unknown illness for a year. It was awful. I'm very glad you have gotten another dragon.

Thresh is BEAUTIFUL. I'm probably going to go with a League of Legends inspired name on my next dragon. Thresh is my favorite support to play, by far. I even have the deep sea skin that reminds me of Zoidberg. XD I loved the pics of him in his food bowl. That's hilarious. I hope you're doing well! <3

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thresh doesn't quite understand how to get out of her bundled stage in the morning and go from her hammock to basking spot. I think I'll just cover her lightly from now on, no bundling. Just until she gets it. I have to move her every morning so far.

Thresh is also not getting any bugs until she eats her greens...Which is is refusing to do. She's got her back to me & her greens right now and is giving me a very intent stare over her shoulder. To bad for her!

Thanks Annalee, it is hard losing Cho, especially because I don't know what was wrong with him. But I do take comfort knowing I did everything I could for him. :)

I main support on League. Mostly Sona, Nami or Leona though. If I can play Blitzcrank I will, I haven't picked up Thresh yet. Just waiting to though!

Annalee

Juvie Member
CountofCasualty":1u22v66z said:
Thresh doesn't quite understand how to get out of her bundled stage in the morning and go from her hammock to basking spot. I think I'll just cover her lightly from now on, no bundling. Just until she gets it. I have to move her every morning so far.

Thresh is also not getting any bugs until she eats her greens...Which is is refusing to do. She's got her back to me & her greens right now and is giving me a very intent stare over her shoulder. To bad for her!

Thanks Annalee, it is hard losing Cho, especially because I don't know what was wrong with him. But I do take comfort knowing I did everything I could for him. :)

I main support on League. Mostly Sona, Nami or Leona though. If I can play Blitzcrank I will, I haven't picked up Thresh yet. Just waiting to though!

That's how it was for me with Charmander. I know how it is.

I had the same issues with Warlus eating his greens. I used repti-bites which worked for a while and then he learned to just pick out the repti-bites XD I just picked up some bearded dragon salad dressing from a pet store and some cactus pad from my local grocery store and am astounded at the fact he's actually eating this morning. He's almost done with a full bowl. XD
http://www.amazon.com/Nature-Salad-Dressing-Bearded-Dragons/dp/B00DJBRHTE
That's what I got from the pet store.

Sona's my main because that's what my boyfriend liked best from me when we played together and he was AD carry. I definitely enjoy Thresh most though. I'm probably naming my next dragon, Aatrox. XD

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'd heard of bearded dragon salad dressing, wow, that might work for any dragon. Sounds yummy! And it worked for Lester, so it might work for Thresh. What I don't understand with Thresh is she ate all her salad the first day, right Jolene? So can't figure out what the issue is now, silly girl! Well the battle of wills has started!

Annalee

Juvie Member
sweetiepie9":q7uo0i0e said:
I'd heard of bearded dragon salad dressing, wow, that might work for any dragon. Sounds yummy! And it worked for Lester, so it might work for Thresh. What I don't understand with Thresh is she ate all her salad the first day, right Jolene? So can't figure out what the issue is now, silly girl! Well the battle of wills has started!
It smells so good. Hell, I'd probably eat it too. XD It just smells like sugary strawberries. Mine likes to frustrate me sometimes so it doesn't surprise me that thresh is being a stubborn baby too.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I do know Dragons love eating if Red is present around them, even if they aren't eating well before. I wonder if it's because of you wearing pink when you came over, Deb? I'll put a red shirt in front of her tank and see if that helps. I did have to put 30 roaches in her tank before I left for work, because I won't be home until 7. So she got 2 horns and then the bowl of roaches. I've got my red shirt on from work too for when I get home, so maybe me sitting in front of her tank in red will help her appetite. :lol:

HORN WORMS EAT A LOT. I put 3 full leaves of dandelion greens in with them and they were GONE this morning, on top of the collards Deb. I was baffled and a bit terrified!

Annalee

Juvie Member
HORN WORMS EAT A LOT. I put 3 full leaves of dandelion greens in with them and they were GONE this morning, on top of the collards Deb. I was baffled and a bit terrified![/quote]

I know! I had silkworms and it was insane how fast they ate as well as how fast my dragon ate them.... XD

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
It's crazy! I kind of boggled at how much they got through so quickly. I'll feed them every day, but not as much. If they grow to fast I'm worried Thresh won't be able to eat them as well. :lol:

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Hmm maybe it won't bug her much then. She hasn't had a problem with them so far, and she loves them a lot!

Placing an order for reptiworms today. I'm going to get a personal order of 10,000 for thresh, and next week will place an order for reselling. I haven't done as much network as I've needed to, so I need to really work on emailing and getting the word out there.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
For sure good luck. I'll see how my geckos & Titan like them. So let me know when they come in.

Red is for sure a colour they love, so maybe it was my bright pink shirt that attracted her. You'll have to wear your red shirt more often. I know they can't see white, but are attracted to our heat anyway.

Maybe you should put some red berries in with the greens, like small bits of raspberries or strawberries. I have a friend who's beardie will not touch his salad until there's a strawberry on the top, then he digs in. Wonder if that would make a difference?

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I'll go pick up some strawberries and put some of that in with her salad. :) It doesn't affect her bug appetite though! I posted a video on Vine of her digging in the moment I put roaches in her tank. She stood there waiting and watching me until they were there. Much like Titan. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom