Tales of Thresh and Fizz *Update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

So Deb was amazing today and came over and helped me pick out the new baby for the family. Except he isn't so much of a baby. And he may also may not be a he. :lol: He's from the same clutch as Baron was from, so his birthday is March 10th! And holy moly what a healthy juvie.

Even though he is a bit small at 12 inches, he can eat. Let me tell you, he can eat. Deb got pictures of him eating when I first gave him food 5 minutes after him being in the tank. 2 bowls of roaches later and a bowl and a half of baby bok choi and he seemed content. SO. PICTURES. I only got 3 before my camera died. :(

SAM_0286_zps317c2bb4.jpg

SAM_0287_zps523d934c.jpg

SAM_0288_zps4cd3629a.jpg

The last two are kind of crappy...But the camera was making angry red flashes at me and I was trying to get some.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So did Thresh eat more bugs after I left? And salad? I'm so glad about the "eating out of the bowl" thing, it's great to just plunk food down & wham, it's gone :lol: I'll still call her a she for now, can't get use to they. She is a beautiful beardie and can't wait to see the result!

So I put up the silk leaves for Bunny, darned thing has fallen down twice already, so stuck it up again. Not sure what that is about, but hopefully it stays stuck this time. Am I supposed to do something special to get it to stay up?

I'll talk to you tomorrow when I get back from my mom's house, k?

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
I was a long time lurker of both Cho and Baron’s threads. (Sorry for your loss... :( )
Thresh is beautiful! I’m glad you were able to get another beardie from Baron’s clutch! Plus he/she looks very alert! :D I’m glad you brought him/her home! I shall be lurking here as well.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thank you, Hoopy! I'm glad you enjoy and I hope you continue too!

Yes, Deb, they ate a 3rd bowl of Roaches I gave them after Brandon got home. We're going to run down to Petsmart today and pick up 12 medium horns. If Thresh won't eat them I'll just give them to you for Didi so it's no skin off my back. I might also be able to feed one to Arya, I'll have to check, I'd love to see her eat one! :lol:

Brandon and I cuddled in the bedroom with Thresh after their lights went out too. Snuggled right in and was out like a light. Brandon is a worry wart, when Dragon's sleep their breathing rate drops and he kept staring at Thresh whispering 'are you alive??' with a worried look on his face. It was hilarious, and took a bit of convincing to not worry so much. That's my job!

They've settled in so quickly. I'm truly amazed at how fast it's happened. Not even a lick of a stress mark and just perched around happy as can be.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I am so glad that Thresh has moved into your home and heart so easily, it's great news! And she ate more last night? Well done Thresh, she's going to cost you a fortune in food, so get that order in asap, you're going to need the phoenix worms asap! I'll come over tonight with a good bunch of roaches, enough to get you through the week. That should work. If she eats more than expected, Brandon may need to get some crickets, too. You'll have to see how many I have.

See you later!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
They probably will cost a fortune! Once they're over 16 inches I can feed some supers along with whatever else, so long as I can find cheaper supers around here. Might order them online, though after what happened to your supers I'm no so sure. Yuck.

Look forward to seeing you tonight. :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
The delivery of my supers was a complete mess, but had never happened before. I got some of my $ back, too, which helped. But I won't be ordering online anymore, it's just too difficult to be home to pick up the package.

But there are other places to order supers and I'll ask Jake where he gets his. He gets them cheaper than what I pay at King Eds, so I'll let you know. The problem with having them sent to Canada is the shipping costs. I'll call Cami this week to find out where he gets them from. It may be local, which would be wonderful!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So I offered Thresh the last 30 roaches(I counted!) and they only ate about half so far. I think there might be a bit of relocation stress going on, but they're still eating so it's not so bad. No salad yet for this morning either.

I also gave them a big bath. Pooped within the first 2 minutes, it wasn't held together at all, but it didn't smell! :blob8: I think the runniness of it was a remainder of the romaine he was feeding them. Should be better by tomorrow, I think. Then the sink got cleaned out and Thresh got to swim. :lol: As I was filling the sink again they almost jumped clean out. Look out, we have a flyer!

I've made a Vine for Thresh too. It's a new website where you can make 5-6 second video's. I'll try and video them once a day on my phone and post it. Should be interesting. Might include the cats as side entertainment, but it'll be mostly Thresh related I think.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You'll have to send me the link.

The poop hopefully will be back to normal soon, no smell is a good sign! I definitely will be over tonight to drop off more roaches, though, you don't want to feed her hornworms all week, will cost a fortune!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll like the phoenix worms, that will be awesome and so easy to feed her, plus they're so good for dragons!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So the only way to view Vine video's online is through Twitter, so I made Thresh a twitter! https://twitter.com/ThreshTheDragon :lol: So that's the link, it should let you browse through it and see everything once I get posting stuff. I'll post pictures and stuff as well from my phone, since it's all integrated.

Brandon is finally waking up, I've been awake sine 7:30. We'll run down to PetSmart pretty quick, get some horns and come back. Oh! Or maybe we'll go to Mr. Pets, see what live feeders they have. Yeah! I've been in there once, but never to their reptile section. It's one bus from Mr. Pets to PetSmart if they don't have horns anyways.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
CountofCasualty":3j3d11iz said:
Thank you, Hoopy! I'm glad you enjoy and I hope you continue too!

Yes, Deb, they ate a 3rd bowl of Roaches I gave them after Brandon got home. We're going to run down to Petsmart today and pick up 12 medium horns. If Thresh won't eat them I'll just give them to you for Didi so it's no skin off my back. I might also be able to feed one to Arya, I'll have to check, I'd love to see her eat one! :lol:

Brandon and I cuddled in the bedroom with Thresh after their lights went out too. Snuggled right in and was out like a light. Brandon is a worry wart, when Dragon's sleep their breathing rate drops and he kept staring at Thresh whispering 'are you alive??' with a worried look on his face. It was hilarious, and took a bit of convincing to not worry so much. That's my job!

They've settled in so quickly. I'm truly amazed at how fast it's happened. Not even a lick of a stress mark and just perched around happy as can be.
Your welcome! :D I do love reading up on all my favorite beardie tales! :lol:

Sounds like Thresh loves cuddles! It’s good to have a cuddle-buddy. :wink:

Hornworms freak me out, I mean, their pretty an all but... :shock: Plus I had one in my backyard once, one of the creepiest things I’ve ever seen. :silent:

I’m so glad he has an appetite! :D (By the way, I call everything a he unless I know it’s gender. Especially bugs...)

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So we got 16 horns, 13 medium and 3 small large. Thresh has eaten 3 so far, and the remainder of their roaches. But I think they're done for now. :lol: I think Horns are so cool! The Silk Worms freak me out because I can barely see their heads and eyes.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Nope! I love the feeling of the Horns. :lol: They're really cool. Thresh likes them too, ate another one. They're getting maxed at 4 per day, with the roaches Deb is bringing tonight. Still no salad today, but the stuff in the bowl is the remainder from yesterday that I wrapped and put in the fridge. I'll freshen it up with some dandelion greens as well.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Hmm chalk.

Deb dropped off lots of roaches today, thank you!. I'm going to order 5,000 worms this week, some to sell and some for Thresh until I can order in some just for her. Thresh is a her! Deb confirmed it. :lol: I'm going to let the wonderful person that donated me 100 to pay for Thresh decide if her name should change or stay as is. I don't mind either way. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom