Howie Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some random pictures of Howie over the few weeks I've had him.
I hope you guys enjoy him as much as I have :D
(Before anyone jumps down my throat about the sand, it will be gone soon lol)

Howie:

Mr.Grumpy:

First bath, he wasn't a happy dragon, but boy does he look pretty when he's wet! (noticed how much he puffed his stomach up? Wow!) :

This is his preferred sleeping arrangement:

Seejay and Howie's first official face-to-face meet:

Kind of a random one but I liked it cause you can see all his pretty colors on his back!:

Yikes! :/ Don't worry, no dragons were harmed in this adventure :):

And the last one, this is him obviously telling me to "Stop with the pictures already! Holy cow!" lol, I didn't even stage that one either :):

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
FaaFaa":75ae4 said:
Hey Sara,

How is Howie doing for you? I know on your video thread we had started to talk about his health. Eating? Is he liking his baths?
Thank you for asking :)
He's doing good, he ate a bunch of supers this morning, no salad though :(
I'm about to offer some more worms to him, maybe butters and pw's.
He doesn't like his baths, but he puts up with them.

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
From what I can remember butterworms are not a good staple, but great for putting on weight. So they might be a good addition to Howies diet for a little while, as long as he is getting other "buggies" that are more nutritional, like pw's. It sounds like you are doing everything right. :D And maybe one day he will actually enjoy his bath. :D I really love all the pics that you have posted of him. There is one where you have him wrapped in a baby blankie and his one arm is sticking out and he looks like he is sound asleep...that pic is my fav so far.

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
FaaFaa":8e39e said:
From what I can remember butterworms are not a good staple, but great for putting on weight. So they might be a good addition to Howies diet for a little while, as long as he is getting other "buggies" that are more nutritional, like pw's. It sounds like you are doing everything right. :D And maybe one day he will actually enjoy his bath. :D I really love all the pics that you have posted of him. There is one where you have him wrapped in a baby blankie and his one arm is sticking out and he looks like he is sound asleep...that pic is my fav so far.
Yep, I only got a dozen butters, 250 supers and 100 pw's. Yesterday he ate 1 pw, a bunch of supers and 2 butters. Everyone told me that beardies like pw's, but idk, Howie seems to enjoy the supers better. Maybe because they're bigger? Idk.
That is my favorite picture as well :) (that was actually my baby blanket 18 years ago, lol. My mom keeps EVERYTHING!) He looks so cute and innocent when he's sleeping, lol. He loves laying on my grey and black polkadot school bag, though I'm not sure why, it's full of hard books :? but that's where he fell asleep again last night. And he also loves the cat bed.
Idk, I think I've got a weird one, lol.

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
My Chaos never liked the pw's either. I bought a ton of them and he hated them. He loves butter worms and can't ever seem to get enough supers. Have you ever tried silkworms? They are an excellent feeder. They do tend to sleep in the strangest places don't they?

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
FaaFaa":d521a said:
My Chaos never liked the pw's either. I bought a ton of them and he hated them. He loves butter worms and can't ever seem to get enough supers. Have you ever tried silkworms? They are an excellent feeder. They do tend to sleep in the strangest places don't they?
I wanted to try silkies but the place I ordered from were out. Do you know another place to order from besides mulberryfarms.com? I ordered a dozen butters and they gave me like 20, so I kinda like them, lol.
Howie just ate 14 supers and 1 pw, (only because when he was gaping I stuck it in his mouth, lol)
Big breakfast!!
And his poo looked almost normal again, still some yellow on the urate, but the poo itself was much bigger then the past few days!
Yes, it seems like Howie finds new strange places to sleep every night. This morning I found him half out of his burrito, and the half that was out was pressed up against the glass, lol.
EDIT AT 9:36, make that 21 supers, 1 pw, and 1 butter!! DANG!!

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Howie is going to his first vet check up tomorrow! Keep your fingers crossed that all is well! I will also be taking a fecal to make sure he doesn't have parasites. (I really hope he gets the A-Okay from the vet..:?)

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
I just found your thread about the vet visit a little bit ago. How is Howie feeling? Poor girl. Give her extra hugs from Chaos and Lucy. OK maybe not Chaos, he's such a jerky boy. Your pics are great. I love Howies colors, especially her beard. It's so bright.

Jen

fez09

Extreme Poster
Just came across this and I have to tell you how much I love your photos, I either lack talent or have a crappy camera because my pics NEVER come out as great as yours! Love Howie's colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom