Howie Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some random pictures of Howie over the few weeks I've had him.
I hope you guys enjoy him as much as I have :D
(Before anyone jumps down my throat about the sand, it will be gone soon lol)

Howie:

Mr.Grumpy:

First bath, he wasn't a happy dragon, but boy does he look pretty when he's wet! (noticed how much he puffed his stomach up? Wow!) :

This is his preferred sleeping arrangement:

Seejay and Howie's first official face-to-face meet:

Kind of a random one but I liked it cause you can see all his pretty colors on his back!:

Yikes! :/ Don't worry, no dragons were harmed in this adventure :):

And the last one, this is him obviously telling me to "Stop with the pictures already! Holy cow!" lol, I didn't even stage that one either :):

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
colene":e8297 said:
Howie is so beautifully colored! How old is he and what do you feed him to get his so colorful?

Sara didn't feed Howie anything in particular to make her that color, she was born like that. All beardies are born with their own color patterns. As a beardie ages their colors may brighten up or change a little, but I don't believe it is from food. And you are right, Howie is a beauty!

laurenee

Hatchling Member
She's so sharp and fierce! But super super cute at the same time! :O! It's so neat how different beardies can look. :D

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Wow I haven't posted pictures or an update since the 29th?! I must be sick or something!!
Howie seems to be doing very good. She loves running around outside of her viv and acts like a total brat when she doesn't get to!
She's a bit grouchy right now, because she's going into shed!! :D
Her first real shed since I've had her!! (About 3 months!) I'm very excited, that means she's still growing! She won't even let me touch her where she's getting ready to shed. Does it hurt her or something?? I can't imagine it would...
I've gotten her to eat some greens, but only if I hand feed them to her. She's a huge pig when it comes to crix, and she turns her nose up to super worms now. So much for the colony :roll:
And she's about up to 237 grams now :D I think the crickets are doing her some good. The supers didn't really put any weight on her at all :?
But over all, she's doing well :)
lol I act like I haven't been on in years, it feels like it anyways :roll:

"Can bath time be over now please??"
photo-1.jpg

"See everyone, my beard and my hand is about to shed!"
PB080209.jpg

Kind of a random weird picture, but I just wanted to show her tail
PB080208.jpg

"The seals think they're so talented..." (it's a piece of watermelon)
photo-2.jpg

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
I was wondering where you went. :p Glad to hear that Howie is doing well. I think it is funny how they shed in random places. I know that shedding=growth so does that mean that 1 hand will be bigger than the other? :wink: Lucy sheds like that too, she just shed 1 arm. Don't give up on your colony, maybe Howie just likes variety! Besides it's good to feed more than 1 type of feeder. I can't imagine eating the same thing day after day myself, why should they be any different I guess. Who knew? And we all thought that we were getting just a lizard when we got our 1st. HA!

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Wow! Another 20ish days with no updates or pictures, I must have gotten my life back....almost :roll:

Howie is doing UH-MAZ-ING!! She's eating big bowls of veggies everyday now!! :D
She just started eating it out of nowhere, and will sometimes eat 2 bowls if I could keep up with her appetite!
She's just over 250 grams now, and she's now shedding her body! Which means she's still growing :D
I got to bring her into work with me one day for a little while (No I didn't have her there for hours, my mom came and picked her up, lol) And everyone loved her! She didn't seem to mind little fingers petting and poking her, she just sat there and took it like a champ.
She's a spoiled little dragon, but I'm very lucky I got such a wonderful one, considering her previous husbandry!

PICTURE TIME!
I had to throw one of SeeJay and Howie in:

Santa Howie :D:

My Christmas card I'm sending out this year :p:

Howie eating her veggies like a champ!:

Too much flash! I just wanted to show Howie's body going into shed, and her pretty tail that had shed last week!:

I can't wait to see her colors after she sheds!! :D

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Hi stranger! Glad to hear that Howie is doing so great for you. She really is thriving now isn't she? Great pics!

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
CrystalReptile":6632b said:
I'v never posted, but can i say one thing? Your dragon is SUPER cute :D
I have to agree with you 100% just don't tell my dragons I said that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom