Cyrus, Lia and Gary's thread! PICTURE UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I was just wondering, what times do your beardies go to sleep?

For some reason mine curls up in the corner at 2PM + , and goes to sleep! I wish I had more time in the day to play with her, anyone know why she goes to sleep so early?

Share some funny bed time stories!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
MissT":1mdjzbey said:
Nathan, in case you havent guessed, Diane is another one of the AWESOME people - just like Barbara and Tracie ;)
That was very nice Christina, thanks. :p
Nathan1995":1mdjzbey said:
Haha thanks for the heads up, another person to crawl back to with my countless amounts of first time beardie owner troubles!
Future apologies for your hours of time I'm bound to take up, Diane :roll:
No worries Nathan, I'm always happy to help. :wink:

As far as the float covering all possible parasites, I'm not really sure to be honest. When I first took a fecal to the vet many years ago, I took a list of all the possible parasites beardies could get just to make sure all were tested. He must have done a float because he didn't have to send the fecal out to be tested, I got the results right away. He did find some round worm eggs under the microscope though so I had to treat my female. I suppose you could call the vet and ask what ones he tested for, I wouldn't think he would mind that question at all.

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ah okay, I may do that then.
But, I'm not TOO worried about parasites at the moment. After correcting her lighting and Baby (beardie name) beginning to eat, she's already gone from 35 to 42 grams in a few days.. I hope it doesn't drop like it has been doing. If it doesn't, I'm pretty happy with the result we got back!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hopefully you will see some changes this coming week. We will be watching for updates.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Nathan, It's good to hear that your got her lighting correct, Reptiglo lights aren't good for beardies. The fact that she's gaining is a good sign, as for sleeping early in the afternoon, might just be because it's still winter, even juvies are affected by the weather. It's also good to hear she didn't have any parasites, I've had a 6 mo old beardie not eating & hiding & it was because she had parasites. So just give her time, as Diane & Christina have stated, you'll see an improvement in her once she's used to the new light & new temps.

Your Baby is a sweet looking dragon & she has a nice tummy going on (in your sig pics). We all love beardie pics :D :D .
Deb

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":198nz78v said:
Hi Nathan, It's good to hear that your got her lighting correct, Reptiglo lights aren't good for beardies. The fact that she's gaining is a good sign, as for sleeping early in the afternoon, might just be because it's still winter, even juvies are affected by the weather. It's also good to hear she didn't have any parasites, I've had a 6 mo old beardie not eating & hiding & it was because she had parasites. So just give her time, as Diane & Christina have stated, you'll see an improvement in her once she's used to the new light & new temps.

Your Baby is a sweet looking dragon & she has a nice tummy going on (in your sig pics). We all love beardie pics :D :D .
Deb
Yeah the weather was a thought of mine.. we had about 5 inches of snow (We get this once a year haha!) last night, could that sudden change of weather effected her today?
Thank you so much ! She's a pretty little girl isn't she, I just love her belly! Look at it all fat and poking out under her ribs in this haha!
DSC_0615.jpg

Silver

Hatchling Member
Once again we have something in common. Silver went to sleep around 2pm today. Reptiglo 10 is on a timer and comes on at 5:30 AM. I wake him up and turn on the basking light. Hold him until the warm side warms up....Put him back and get his breakfast ready. He normally seems to want a nap in the afternoon. My temps are almost the same as yours. I was thinking the basking side might be too warm but he stays at varying distances from the hottest point most of the day. Figuring he might be adjusting to the lighting upgrade compared to what he had at the store.

I work Mon thru Thurs so not sure what he does during those days. Also last two days have been introducing Phoenix worms so he is eating differently and less. Weight is holding at 38 grms. They are still juvis so I assumed naps in the afternoon are okay. Timer turns Reptiglo 10 off at 8:30 but he is usually asleep by then in his hide and I turn the basking light out on my way to bed.

Thanks for bringing this up....interesting to see other schedules. I know mine is early but I'm one one of those weird early birds.

Silver

Hatchling Member
One more thing...Our dragons look like identical twins separated at birth. The picture where her back end is hanging out of the towel...carbon copy right down to the tail markings and the orange accents. Not sure if Silver is a boy or girl yet.

noella5088

Juvie Member
My beardie's bedtime is around 8ish. I take him out to spend time with him and he runs around or watches TV until he's ready for bed. I feed him around 5, let him bask for about an hour and then the rest of the time, he basks on me while he sleeps. I'll put him down around 9 or 10, maybe even 11 o'clock. Sometimes, he'll wake up and cling to my fingers refusing to be let down on his bed. He sleeps until about 8:30 A.M. or 8:00 A.M. He waits for me to wake up and feed him. He gets happy when he sees me wake up.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That is an absolutely adorable picture. Love the tongue and the nice round belly. He sure looks happy. :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Your beardie is soooo cute, with that wonderful white & big tummy. Looks like she's getting used to the new temps, thermo-regulating is always a good sign. She looks very healthy, so good job.
I have 4 male dragons, Rubio is 3 yrs old, Leo is 4 yrs, Didi is 5 yrs & Lonzo is 8 1/2 yrs. They're all rescues or adopted & are all really healthy now. I'm so glad your Baby is doing so well, that is a wonderful picture of her.
Deb

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Silver":1huhowsr said:
One more thing...Our dragons look like identical twins separated at birth. The picture where her back end is hanging out of the towel...carbon copy right down to the tail markings and the orange accents. Not sure if Silver is a boy or girl yet.
Aha! Not sure of mines sex yet either, but I call her a girl anyway.
Today, she was awake on her own, but as soon as I've turned on her lights, within the next half an hour she's crawled her way to a log and is sitting in the shade. I'll give her an hour or 2 to see if she decides to wake up!!

Also Silver, I have ordered some phoenix worms for her to try about 2 days ago, I wonder what she makes of them hahaa :roll:

Thank you for all the nice comments about my little girl, I'm fairly she she is healthy!! Just concerned about her growth and bed/waking times, but I'm sure that will sort itself out with her correct lighting and UVB bulb.
I'll get back to you all!

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I couldn't wait anymore, and after about 2 hours of her sitting in the shade with her lights on, I got her out and stroked her some. She was quite active and ran around a bit. I put her back in, and went and made her salad. Hand fed her some butternut squash, and she literally didn't move, just moved her jaw haha!

She's still in the same position she ate those butternut squash, and I thought it was pretty cute so I took some pictures. This is how I found her EVERY day I come home from school, she sits here asleep.. it's beneath the UVB light but her root is blocking all the rays, as well as the heat from her basking light.
DSC_0882.jpg

And this pictures just getting thrown in because her belly is so cute!

"Whatcha dooooin?"
DSC_0876.jpg

So, she still doesn't really want to wake up, and she had 1 cricket, then got bored and walked off again :|

Snarf

Hatchling Member
She's a sweetheart, I love the picture of her just hangin'

I hope she does well over the coming days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom