Cyrus, Lia and Gary's thread! PICTURE UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I was just wondering, what times do your beardies go to sleep?

For some reason mine curls up in the corner at 2PM + , and goes to sleep! I wish I had more time in the day to play with her, anyone know why she goes to sleep so early?

Share some funny bed time stories!

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
diamc":2drwro2p said:
Nathan, how old is your beardie?

It's best to keep them on a 12 hour schedule of lights on & off. I agree with MissT, sounds mostly like your beardie is still adjusting to all the changes.
Well, I've had her for about 2 months, and due to my poor lighting and heating knowledge she is yet to shed :( But her tail is about to shed already after correcting everything the past week!
So, she's a really small dragon, and the past owner doesn't "remember" when she hatched. She's a juvenile I guess, some where around 4-6 months. She's 9 1/2 inches long, and weights about 42g.
Not sure of an exact age though.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, ok. Yes, that would make her a juvenile then. Just to make sure everything is perfect and she's not going to sleep so early for a reason, can you fill us in on the type of thermometer you're using and also the brand & type of UVB?

It might be a good idea to check a fecal for parasites just to be safe.

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
diamc":19ak8t48 said:
Oh, ok. Yes, that would make her a juvenile then. Just to make sure everything is perfect and she's not going to sleep so early for a reason, can you fill us in on the type of thermometer you're using and also the brand & type of UVB?

It might be a good idea to check a fecal for parasites just to be safe.
I'm using an ExoTerra probe digital thermometer, I have it on the basking spot. But as moneys really tight for a 16year old with a beardie, I only have one, and I just move it to the basking spot, warm side, and cold side during the day to check it's all good.
She started with a ReptiGLO coil bulb about 2 months ago, then I changed to a ReptiGLO tube (oops hahaa), and finally for about 5 days now she's had a reptiSUN 10.0. And I guess that's made a good difference to her, as her tail is lighter than the rest of her body:
DSC_0861.jpg

See!

I just hope she starts staying awake more!

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Zoeymybeardie":1h8i37qq said:
Inappropriate comment removed by moderator.
Zoey, I appreciate your posts trying to help me. Comment removed by moderator. Please don't bring this into my thread, I want advice, not arguments.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That sounds like a good probe thermometer and it's fine to just move it around, no worries there. Make sure though that you're waiting at least 45 minutes for the temps to stop rising before getting the final temps. Also make sure that the probe is actually resting on (touching) the basking log, rock, etc.

The Repti-Sun 10.0 is a fluorescent tube, right? Make sure it is within 6 to 8 of her while she's in her basking spot.

She has nice coloring. She looks good, her fat store at the base of her tail could fill out a little more. How many feeders is she eating daily?

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yep, it's a fluorescent tube all right!
Well, she was getting about 20-30 a day when she was staying awake, and then since her temps have been off she's kind of only had 2 or 3 a day, and she lost about 10grams, because she was too hot I suppose.
But yesterday and the day before, she had about 40, and has gotten up to 42grams. However today, she ate about 5! And then wanted sleep.. Maybe because of her lack of appetite due to pre shed?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I edited some of the posts here and sent 2 warnings. It is not fair to the OP to hijack this thread. Rather than making comments to get an argument started, send an abuse report so that the moderators can handle it. Now, let's get back on topic.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Good that it's the fluorescent tube, just wanted to make sure. Shedding can certainly affect their appetites and behavior. Hopefully she will get adjusted to the changes and increase her appetite and activity level very soon. Make sure she is well hydrated especially since the temps were off for a little while.

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
diamc":2hwraki6 said:
Good that it's the fluorescent tube, just wanted to make sure. Shedding can certainly affect their appetites and behavior. Hopefully she will get adjusted to the changes and increase her appetite and activity level very soon. Make sure she is well hydrated especially since the temps were off for a little while.
Thank you for resolving that Diamc.
We'll see, I hope she does adjust, if she's not waking up and eating within the week, I'll re-post in this thread.
I'll still check back here every hour because I'm addicted! :lol: and post if a problem comes up!
Thank you guys.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds good, you might want to think about having a fecal checked for parasites too just so you can rule that out.

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
diamc":r5edv8z1 said:
Sounds good, you might want to think about having a fecal checked for parasites too just so you can rule that out.
Oh sorry I forgot to say!
I had the vet give her her first general check up and faecal test too. He said she was in perfect condition, so obviously the heat and lighting was her growth problem. I dropped off a piece of her poop and he did a float test, and it came back negative... whatever's done in a float test. Does that cover her?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Good, that should be fine then as long as it was tested for all possible parasites. :)

MissT

BD.org Addict
Nathan, in case you havent guessed, Diane is another one of the AWESOME people - just like Barbara and Tracie ;)

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
MissT":3ad85ljt said:
Nathan, in case you havent guessed, Diane is another one of the AWESOME people - just like Barbara and Tracie ;)
Haha thanks for the heads up, another person to crawl back to with my countless amounts of first time beardie owner troubles!
Future apologies for your hours of time I'm bound to take up, Diane :roll:

Does the float cover her for all possible parasites? That's all he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom