Zoey's Tales and Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess after almost 300 posts, it's time Zoey has her own thread. :) Things may be a little out of order...today is August 19th and we got her on August 1st. She was 8 weeks old at the time. She is already spoiled rotten, she has me trained better than most dogs and she has me wrapped around her little finger. She loves to mess with me but I seem to be the only one who doesn't recognize it. Some of things she has done will be repeated from other's posts because honestly they are quite comical sometimes, in hind site of course.

And there will be pics that have been taken along the way. I am going to try my best to keep it in order, but I can't promise anything! :D Hope you enjoy!!

Tracey

Tonja

BD.org Addict
LOL Geico painted his first masterpiece this morning..gonna hang it in my home office. Took him about 10 seconds then a bath and no traces of paint left and he is fine..no harm to him whatsoever since its a veggie based watercolor.

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yesterday I didn't get a chance to post any pics...I did however just upload about 35. Don't worry, I won't post all 35. Maybe 32 or 33. ;)

We did the box again yesterday to get some real sun. I've learned Zoey being in the box does a couple of things. First, she is guaranteed to poop in there.. usually on me but I move her in time that she goes on one of her blankies. lol She still does her Bambi impression until I get in there with her.
Her best Bambi impression.
830bambiinthebox.jpg

She was so determined to get out, which brings us to the second thing the sun does. It's her own idea of coffee. No, a double espresso. She gets so much energy that I can't even blink or she will be gone. She was doing her usual...jumping from one leg to the other (Tigger would have been impressed!!), then lunges at my shirt, up my shoulder and from there she tries to get out. I wasn't letting her go any further than the leg, just because any higher and she probably could have jumped from me to freedom. So at one point she was so determined to get out, she tried to jump at the side of the box from my leg. Lucky for me, she was about 18 inches too low. So, since I had my hand hovering a few inches above her head (just incase), she jumped off of my leg, into my hand and bounced into the blanket. lol It was pretty funny, keeping in mind she didn't have more than a 3 inch fall, probably less. I give her an A for effort.

Then when I picked Mariah up from work, they got lots of cute/cuddle time in. I was very happy that when I take Zoey into Mariah's room and let her loose on her bed, Zoey ran right over to her, jumped on her shirt like a little ninja and up onto the computer keyboard of her laptop. She slides on there, but doesn't really care. She likes to see what Mariah is doing. She will sit there and stare at the screen for the longest time and if it really interests her she will run over to the screen and try to catch things. Very cute...
Her Bambi/Scooby Doo "rut ro" face...
830computer1.jpg

Watching the screen
830computer4.jpg

Then we went back to the living room so Zoey could run because she was getting into too much trouble in Mariah's room. She was a little ball of fire after her daily dose of real sun!
Then she decided to be cute and cuddle.
830mariahcuddles5.jpg

Mariah was making a kissy face while Zoey was checking her out. (I do "kisses" with her, but it means holding her in my hand and moving her face to my nose while making kissy noises. Kind of like Eskimo kisses but without the side to side motion. She seems to like it. Ok, I know, she TOLERATES it. She will even let me doand I kisses while she is running around on the floor.. :D )
830mz3.jpg

Then the cute cuddling was over and she decided she was ready to tackle something that has been on her mind for a while. She's been wanting to climb the back of the couch, just didn't have the nerve to go through with it. I guess Mariah sitting right there gave her the chance she has been looking for...until she realized it was not a good idea after all....here is how it went down...

YAY!! I did it!! Uh oh. Now what do I do?? I'm scaweeeeeed!! How I gonna down mama? Rut ro! Someone call 9-1-1!! I stuck!!!
830howigetdown.jpg

Oh thank you mommy Mariah!
830phewthanksmariah.jpg

Well since having photobucket open seems to slow my computer down and freeze it up, that is all for this post. I have some really funny ones I think you will all get a kick out of, but my patience is wearing thin!!

Happy Friday!!! :D

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Those are some very cute pictures. Love the one of her stuck to the wall. HELP I got up and I cant get down!

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
LOL, I know, the look on her face was priceless. lol Mariah took pics of her waking up this morning. I cuddle her to sleep at night and wake her up cuddling in the morning (I want to get her warm so she can eat). It takes her literally an hour or two to actually get out of her blankie. I am downloading them now so next post will be more pics, and those of her waking up. Very funny. :) She entertains me all day long. lol

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
I love those pictures. Zoey is beautiful. Not cute, but very beautiful. Nim looks cute and sometimes regal. Well, he should since he is a king. In his own mind. :) It looks like Zoey has peach coloring. Or could it be the camera.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Oh come on, she's cute Werewolf :lol: no that laughing was not sarcasm it was the truth.
I give her that's she's beautiful.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Oh I know she's cute but that's because she is a baby. She has beauty inside. :D My Nim has no beauty inside. I think if he were a dog we would be a golden retriever. He acts like one most of the time.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
For dusting crickets: I have an empty parmesan cheese container. The top has two sides to it; a shaker side and a pour side. Cover the shaker side with mesh screen and hot glue it in place. Put your calcium in the container, then your crickets <however many you want to dust> and shake and roll it around to coat them. Open the shaker side of the top and shake out the excess calcium powder. Close it and open the pour side and dump your crickets that are now lightly dusted. Then add the rest without calcium to her tank. Hope this helps.

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I have a hard time just getting the crickets out to feed her, since she is a princess and will only eat one at a time. :roll: This is where my issue comes into play.lol I end up just dusting them all. It works. :) Plus I do her salad too, so she gets more than enough. :)

And thank you so much for all of the compliments (Zoey thanks you too!! :D ) Since she shed she does have some beautiful colors. She has orange, peach and some brown and black of course. The orange seems to be very bright, especially on her legs. Not sure why so much on her legs....she had to do everything the hard way I guess. lol

I finally got all the pics on pb so I'm going to start posting them.

This is our morning routine. The dark blue is my robe that I have on so I can wrap her up against me to warm her up in the mornings. Mariah took the pics this morning. It took her AN HOUR AND A HALF to get her little butt out of her blankie this morning. It's taken up to 2 hours. She hates mornings with a passion!! Mariah started taking them well over an hour after she started this process....
831ZoeyhatesAM7.jpg

831ZoeyhatesAM4.jpg

831ZoeyhatesAM2.jpg

The last one was when she heard the dog running around playing with his squeaky toy. It's the only reason she actually got up "so fast". :roll:

Since she has been in her 40 gallon, I have been trying to get the temps just right. I put the probe on her log, she does this...
825amihot.jpg

or this...
830temp2.jpg

Yes, you saw that right. She is cuddling with it. THEN she figured she would show me, she's tired of me coming over to look at the temps and not let her out...
830thermo2.jpg

I swear she is doing these things to make me crazy. It's almost 2 weeks now and she won't leave the thing alone!!!! She pulled the whole darn thing down and now I can't get it to stay. She had her little fingers wrapped around the suction cup. :banghead:

This is what her viv looks like when she doesn't pull everything apart. The thermometer is nowhere near being in her way.
820vivcloseup.jpg

She keeps this up she is going to start getting time outs in the 10 gallon!!!!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
LOL I think they like the wires for some reason, just another toy to hang on, climb on and pull on. Emily does the same thing with hers if shes not on top of it. Geico is driving me nuts with all the glass dancing and black bearding to let me know he wants in with em. NO WAY. Geico tore his salad apart and its all over the place...hubby gets home his tank gets cleaned. SO yes I think they do these things on purpose to drive us insane. IT works and then they are so proud of themselves and just beam that we have to clean up their messes. WE love them anyway in spite of the things they do. I dont think they bask, I think they sit on that dang log and think, "Well what can I do today to make mommy work for me"!

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
LOL I agree with that. And when they dream they dream of new ways to torment us. Sweet little evil lizards. LOL :D

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
And here I thought it was just me who was tormented. Now I don't feel so bad. lol I still don't know how she knocked that probe off the log THEN got it on her head. I will never figure that one out. She is a clown. I've decided on a new punishment...I'm going to make a clown hat and make her wear it when she misbehaves. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom