Zeke Fatty Live Disease - Update w/ Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirrorakay

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So far today Zeke's nose appears to be dry. Hopefully that continues to be the case.

Also, I got a big, happy surprise this morning. I went down to peek at my little guy and found him on top of his basking perch. There is a bit of climbing involved to get up there and he managed it. That is the first time I've seen him basking in nearly two weeks!

Mirrorakay

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I went down again to peek at Zeke and was a little disappointed by what I saw. He was huddled in the shade, head down and sleeping, with his beard almost completely black again. I took him out to offer meds and almost immediately his nose dripped again. This time the fluid was a darker yellow that yesterday. It seems that his nose stays dry until I handle him. Maybe it really is just an upset tummy? Anyways, I was able to get his medicine in, but he didn't want to take any food. He also didn't fight the syringe like he had been.

I'm hoping that he overestimated how good he felt yesterday, wore himself out, and is just feeling exhausted today. In an hour or so we're going to give a bath a try since he seems to feel better during and after his baths.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Hang in there! There are bound to be ups and downs. I agree that he probably wore himself out yesterday.
Please let us know how your day goes.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

That is great news Zeke is hanging in there & sounds like he is doing better right now! :blob5:
Keep us posted on him. I hope he has a good day today & eats a little baby food for you.

Tracie

Mirrorakay

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Unfortunately he slept through bath time and didn't poo today. His beard is still very black. He also doesn't respond to any sound or movement around his tank unless I actually reach in and nudge him. Even then Zeke simply does a heavy sigh and keeps his eyes closed. The only time I've been able to get him to wake up today is when I actually lift him up and he only keeps his eyes open for a minute or two.

I've been watching him all day and I've pretty much confirmed that his nose only drips when I handle him. When he lays around in his tank or moves (since I know he got to the basking spot this morning for a half hour) on his own, his nostrils stay dry. Then, all three times I handled him (morning meds, going into bath, and coming out of bath) it oozed. Could that be caused by nausea? The fluid is the color of squash babyfood, which is what he ate yesterday.

I'll be calling my vet tomorrow to see what he has to say. I'll definately update you all on what he says.

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
I'll be calling my vet tomorrow to see what he has to say. I'll definately update you all on what he says.
Hang in there, I'll continue prayers for Zeke! Looking forward to hearing what the vets says, hopefully some great insight

Mirrorakay

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I thought I would update once more before tomorrow. I just watched Zeke breathing rapidly for a few seconds before a bunch of mucus came out of his nose. He seemed to struggle with it for a minute or two before falling back asleep. He never made any audible sounds or started open mouth breathing, but I'm really starting to think he has a URI. If that ends up being the case, I really don't know what to do for my little guy. I just don't have the funds and my next paycheck isn't until the end of the month.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, poor fellow. I'm wondering....do you notice him swallow when you syringe feed ? Him being so weak, I wonder if he's just not even swallowing, or it's not going down all the way . I would hold off on feeding until you see if this clears up by not offering anymore baby food + soy yogurt. I;m sorry this is perplexing and agonizing for you [ and Zeke ] Be sure to keep his tank around 80 degrees at night for now. I hope the vet can help with this, or just some rest and a slight break from the feedings.

Mirrorakay

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He is swallowing. All of the food he has taken has been voluntary anyway (I couldn't figure out how to force him to eat anyway). He's licked all of the food off his lips so I can only assume he was eating as he needed to be. And he hasn't had anything today, aside from his meds, and it is only getting worse. So many things seem wrong in his little body and I just don't know how fair it is to keep putting him through all of this. Of course I'm super down about how today went so I need some time to cool off and think about this more logically.

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
You have been under a lot of emotional stress. You are doing great with him. You will be the only one who will know if enough is enough. As for a possible URI Tracie may be able to help you with what to do. I'm sure it has been a tiring day for both you and Zeke I hope you are able to sleep. May tomorrow bring new energy for the fight he has ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom