Zak-n-Wheezie the 2-Headed Bearded Dragon(s) RIP APR 4/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Glad that you and Lilly enjoyed your outing. :wink:
That's is a funny story :lol: glad that you shared with me. :)

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks it is nice to hear of other people in other places that know of the boys. I mean that originally was my goal to share them with the world. Do you think I've done a pretty good job of it? :lol:
Speaking of which I'm sorry there's been no pic's lately...I'm getting an external hard drive tomorrow. I have 82,000 MB of photo's on my computer. Miracle it hasn't crashed. :lol: I've been trying for days to burn them all and it's been a very slow process...I mean very slow....an I've not even touched the mass of them yet. :(

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
You've definitely done a great job of sharing them! I was so excited to hear that woman talk about seeing you on the show! It made my day after a million iguana comments. Don't get me wrong, people were very nice, but it's nice to know that people saw you and found out about the species. Anyway, what I was going to say, have you looked into an external hard drive? Things transfer MUCH faster and everything is right there. Mine was about $100 but it holds like 160gigs or something crazy I could never fill!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
My daughter is gonna give me one tomorrow she said the hell with trying to burn all these photos...she was here for hours trying to help me. :lol: She was pretty shocked how many pic's I have of beardies. It was funny she opened a file and the first pic was beardie poop she grossed out an about fell out of her chair...Frank an I laughed. :lol:

The iguana comments do get old don't they? :banghead:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
No Kidding, Barbara. They sure do get old. We were talking to the man who's going to change the engine in our surburban and his wife. They have dogs, a cat, a ferret and an iguana. They also know someone who has a beardie so they were aware of the difference. We didn't have our girls with us today but Bill had copies of the pics we've taken of them with him ( as always).

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
What made me laugh was there was one lady who said "Oh look at the iguana! I used to have one! He was 4 feet long!" I was like "Uhhh this is a bearded dragon." She said "Oh yeah, I can see the difference now" :shock:

snowdrop

Juvie Member
Can't wait to see new pics barb!

I took rexie out once and ppl here were mostly afraid of her. It's getting warm now so hoping to take all of mine out at some point! My other halfs says what if i go into a shopping centre and they ask me to leave and i replied well as long as they have no signage saying i cannot enter with an animal theres not much they can do! Rexie and fred both love the car trips. I just need to get them the harnesses with the leash! They are very hard to get over here!

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
What irritates me the most is that people can carry their little doggies with them, but I can't carry a bearded dragon with me to certain stores :x

Oh well, there loss on not being able to see the coolest animal ever!!

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
It sucks, but, people associate furry with cute and scaley with creepy/scary. There are just some places we can't go with our dragons, but the places we can take them, they are a BIG HIT! And it never surprises me when I hear someone say "look at that iguana on her shoulder!" I love it though when kids notice that I have a dragon with me, they are just fascinated by them and want to see them, pet them and ask all kinds of questions! And kids usually aren't afraid of them or freaked out by them, which is great. It's cool too when adults show interest as well.

Barb, I think it's great that you can get away with taking Zach and Wheezie to places most of us can't!

foto69man

Hatchling Member
fresnowitte":2p4mn4xq said:
Thought about it...is as far as I've ever gotten. :( I would really love to some day I've got the info just not good at laying that kind of stuff out...plus I'm one of those darn procrastinators. An it seems the only time I really have if you can call it that is after all humans and critters alike have gone to bed.

You should...or at the least bit Reptile Magazine should do a piece on you. The newest edition had an article on another two headed beardie, but not as old as Z&W. I'd definitley buy a copy of the book

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Actually foto69man Reptile Magazine had their chance...their loss. :roll:

I've not seen the new issue is it Bert and Ernie? Jamie of Valley Dragons? Or Prehistoric pets?
Now I must go find one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom